Wrestlemania 35 Card updated on March 26th

I like the idea of doing Wrestlemania as a 2 night event. You could have Seth/Brock headline night 1, and the women’s triple threat headline night 2. Asking someone to sit for 7-8 hours is really tough, no matter how good the product is. The Royal Rumble this year exhausted me, and I’m sure Wrestlemania will be even longer.

1 Like

Sorry I meant that I would have to watch it in 2 parts. Kinda fed up of wondering if a match I didn’t like (But everyone else did) was because I just didn’t like it or because of tiredness.

I’m guessing that after 4-5 hours in the stadium and there is a slow methodical match or a meaningless match going on. I bet those seats become a little more uncomfortable.

Anyone selling cushions either in or near by the stadium will make a killing.

I’m just wondering if anyone actually wants to be in the last match. If it’s the female triple threat match. What happens if the reactions just aren’t there and/or the fans are leaving.

Whilst myself and the rest of the UK viewers have it bad, watching it live, unless you live in a certain time zone in the U.S. American viewers have it bad too.

Just wish WWE would just listen to the fans regarding length. We have jobs and other things to do the next day and watching a Wrestling event for a 3rd of a day isn’t something we really look forward too.

April 7th in NY/NJ is NOT warm!
I am actually expecting waves of the crowd to head home before the show ends or the main events start. By 10:30pm ppl with work the next day will have to start thinking about traffic, trains, the prospect of getting home at midnight if they leave before 11…and it may be 40 degrees at night. Any rain or inclimate weather and we’re all going to be contemplating it after 5+hours before the main events. Sad WWE can’t figure this out.

On April 7, the temperature in New York City typically ranges from 45°F to 56°F and is rarely below 36°F or above 69°F .

In 2017, low was 35
In 2018, low was 32
Sunset around 7-7:30 depending on cloud coverage it can be getting dark around 6:45/7.

I’m already shivering

I agree, it’s sad that as Wrestling fans, we should be looking forward to the biggest show of the year not thinking about timing issues.

1 Like

Aj Orton
Balor and the IC title
Miz and Shane (?)
US Title
Smackdown tag
Raw tag
Women’s tag
Cruiserwieght
Asuka (?)
Bryan and Kofi
Women’s triple threat
Brock and Rollins
HhH and Batista
13 I full expect

Cena (?)
Taker (?)
Roman (?)
3 more I would think we get at least two out of 3

Why isn’t Mania 2 days?

It’s insane they are making their audience sit through this long a show. Like seriously that’s enough to burn out anyone.

I think WrestleMania’s special enough where I don’t want it to end. I’m less mad at long cards and more mad at the filler time in between. Like RAW sucks. They play toy commercials and dim the lights while off air.
Cena and Joe would be cool.
Taker and Reigns matches won’t interest me.

1*Raw Women’s Championship: Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte vs Becky lynch.

2*Universal Championship: Brock lesnar vs Seth Rollins.

3*Smackdown Championship: Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston

4*Triple H vs Batista. No holds barred

5*Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre.

6*Shane McMahon vs The Miz.

7*Randy Orton Vs AJ Styles.

8*Women’s Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-way Bayley&Sasha banks vs vs Natalya & Beth Phoenix vs Nia Jax & Tamina vs the IIconics.

9*Farewell match Kurt Angle vs Baron Corbin

10*Intercontinental Championship Bobby lashley vs Finn Balor

11*United States Championship: Samoa Joe vs Rey Mysterio

12*Smackdown Women’s Championship: Asuka vs
either Carmella? Naomi? Mandy Rose? or Sonya Deville?

13*Cruiserweight Championship: Buddy Murphy vs Tony Nese

14*Men’s Battle Royal.

15*Women’s Battle Royal.

It’s a good thing I took a day off work for this. This is shaping up to be a long show.

1 Like

Looking at the 15 match card, what do you think they could realistically actually get rid of?

Must Keeps the way they are
*Raw Women’s Championship: Ronda vs Becky vs Charlotte
*Universal Championship: Lesnar vs Rollins
*Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre - Reigns has to have a big WM match after returning from Leukemia as a huge baby face. Plus it should be good.
*Shane vs Miz - Shane always has a match. Deserves to be on WM after a 6 month build.
*Triple H vs Batista - Triple H always has a match. Batista is a huge Hollywood star. It might not be great but its the kind of match that separates Wrestlemania from the other 15 PPV’s a year.
*Women’s Tag Team Championship - The brand new titles need to be on WM or will be regarded immediately as second rate.
*Cruiserweight Championship:Murphy vs Nese - I’m sure this will be great on the pre-show.

So that’s seven matches.

Keep with some changes:
*Smackdown Championship: Daniel Bryan vs Kofi vs Owens vs Ali vs Orton vs AJ vs Rey in a ladder match. DB vs Kofi has been strong. But all these guys have interacted with Bryan over the past couple of months. Having a big multi-man match eliminates two other matches from the card, keeps everyone on the show. Ladder matches have also become a staple of wrestlemania.

*Kurt Angle retirement match vs John Cena. Retirement matches are another tradition on wrestlemania and Angle deserves to go out against a star like Cena in a fun face-vs-face match.

*Interpromotional match - US Champion Joe vs IC Champion Balor. Give Balor a real deadly opponent and a reason to need to be the Demon and have an amazing entrance at wrestlemania.

*Women’s Battle Royal for the Smackdown Women’s Championship: Rebuild Auska by having her win against 29 other women.

*Men’s Battle Royal: Strowman, Corbin, Lashley, Ambrose, the Raw tag team champions and some more legends can fill out this pre-show match.

So I got it down from 15 to 12. 4 Preshow matches and 8 matches on the main show is similar to the past couple of wrestlemania’s. Still a long show but a little more manageable.

I feel like they might screw up the main event and becky won’t win the title or titles at mania.

I wouldn’t be surprise if they have becky be on the verge of winning when shayna and the rest of the horsewoman come in and interfere in the match costing becky the match in the process and we end with a ronda as double champion and a new faction start on the main roster.

If it wasn’t the main event I think there would be a higher likelihood of shenanigans. But since it is and will be the end of the show, I can’t imagine them ending Wrestlemania with a heel run in. The only comparison would be Seth cashing in at WM31.

With both titles now in the match (even if the SD title isn’t being defended) I think it’s pretty clear that the final shot of the show will be either Becky holding up both titles or all 4 NXT horsewomen holding up their individual titles. Either of which I am totally on board with.

But does that mean Charlotte and Becky form an alliance during the match? Or will they take the kayfabe shattering “our women just get so emotional” route for the 300th time?

I fell like they will form a alliance after mania. Becky gets screwed out of her victory after charlotte get taken out by shayna and the gang, then they beat up becky which give ronda the easy win at mania.

The following night on raw, you have ronda come out a say that she a double champion but as the power to award one of her championship to somebody else and give the smackdown title to shayna and we also get the announcement that bayley and sasha will defend the tag title again the other 2 horsewomen (sorry, i don’t remember their names)

So during the title match, ronda and shayna comes down to interfere but are stop by charlotte and becky which leads to bayley being distracted and she gets pin by one of the 2 girls and you build this whole feud up for a while maybe until summerslam if you are able to maintain a compelling the feud until then and that where becky and charlotte gets their revenge by taking the titles away from ronda and shayna.