WrestleMania 35 to feature two battle royal matches

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/03/18/wrestlemania-35-to-feature-two-battle-royal-matches/

The card for WrestleMania 35 continues to take shape with less than three weeks until the show at MetLife Stadium on April 7th.

We have learned at POST Wrestling that two additional matches are expected to be added with the annual men’s and women’s battle royal.

There are several title matches that are expected to be added to the show with plans for the United States, SmackDown women’s, and SmackDown tag titles to be defended on the show, although we are unaware who will be part of those matches.

The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle became an annual match at WrestleMania beginning in 2014 and was a way to get all the male talent onto the show. Past winners include Cesaro, Big Show, Baron Corbin, Mojo Rawley, and Matt Hardy.

In 2018, they added a women’s version of the battle royal, which was won by Naomi.

If you’re doing a 2 hour pre show there is no need for fluff you could get four or five 15+ minute matches in (Entrance included)

I will not watch this live. It’s going to be way too long. I will probably skip half of the show. The matches that always symbolizes wrestlemania for me are the Triple H ones. It will be long and tedious even though there’s no need for it.

I renewed last year for Mania then canceled after. I dont think I am even going to bother this year, Mania seems like it would be work to watch and not sure I want to put that much effort into WWE

Only two?

Why not have an NXT battle royal and then one for the NXT women. Should probably then have a 205 Live battle royal and an NXT UK battle royal.

I can sense sarcasm from afar.

If they bring back a random legend or two for each battle royal or have a random celebrity enter (like the time they brought back Tatanka and used Shaq a few years ago), it will be worth it.

I hear that Pete Rose and a certain mayor are available.

Piss and moan when someone isn’t on the card…then piss and moan because they try get everyone in the card. :thinking:

It just makes Mania seem more special when everyone employed is on the card. That, and the fact that it’s looking to be about an 18-hour show has me super excited.

Everyone should all be apart of ONE match for all the titles and have it only be 3 hours.

There I fixed Mania…please everyone. :expressionless: