Wrestlemania 35?

Toronto, Canada hosted the event twice, 6 and 18 so this would be the third Wrestlemania in Canada but its not likely 35 will happen in Canada

Personally I think the WWE would go to London before they come back to Toronto for WrestleMania.

The problem with doing the event in the U.K. would be the time difference. i don’t know exactly what the time difference is between London and the u.s. but i feel like they would probably have to start the event at Noon or near that to be able to air the event at 5 pm in north america, which WWE won’t want to do and they won’t go on tape delay either because they would be scared that some spoilers get posted on the internet.

1 Like

You’ve got it the wrong way round, the UK is five hours in front of the east coast so if it was to start at 8pm UK time it would be 3pm there(midday on the west coast), I don’t know if you Americans would be happy with that.

I loved the London Takeover in December of 2015 that started somewhere around 3 PM Eastern (even though it was one of the more underwhelming Takeovers if I recall correctly). Granted, that was a weekday and I got to watch at my desk to pass the time at work.

But I agree that that’s a gamble for a show like Wrestlemania. It could work, but there’s currently no good reason (as far as I know) to mess with the formula.

They are probably best of trying a couple of B shows first and if those work then try a big four show and then possibly a Wrestlemania.

Thanks for the info, I wasn’t sure show the time difference worked, but I’m guessing that if they want the show to start at 5 pm here it would have to start at around 10 pm in the u.k, right.

Yes that would be correct.

I know the time difference may be a issues to some if the show was to happen in the UK but is it that big of an issue with the network? They had that fear when they did the Beast in the East special a few years back and that show did well for them. You don’t need to worry about spoilers as you can put the show up on the network as soon as it’s done for those who missed it to watch. Having said all this I don’t see them doing a Mania over here, I think they feel they have bigger stadiums in the US they can use and to be honest they may feel that the Mania weekend works better in the US. Think about all the indy promotions that hold shows and conventions during that weekend, there’s no guarantee that the same thing would happen if Mania was held in the UK.

The UFC aired the Bisping/Henderson fight in their usual American timeslot and had the card start over here at something like midnight. The main event went on at like 3AM if I’m remembering correctly, didn’t kill ticket sales and that was a huge fight because it was known going that win or lose Hendo was retiring after; given that he’s basically MMA’s Captain America that was a big deal for the Brits to get his last fight.

The only major problem I see with the late start time for a UK 'Mania is that the venue would almost certainly be open air, so it’d fuck with the locals sleep (unlike the Manchester Arena) and it would probably end up raining too.

1 Like