WrestleMania 36 Night 1: The Undertaker buries Styles, Strowman wins title

It’s almost like they know how long a watchable pay-per-view should be.

Bloody terrible show save for Styles and Taker which felt like a wierd parody of the ultimate deletion matches.

• Maybe I missed it on the pre show but there was zero announcement about why Roman wasnt facing Goldberg. Strowman and Goldberg just felt like they were going through the motions and the match felt flat with no live crowd.

• Ladder match was good but suffered from the lack of audience.

-I honestly dont remember the other matches . what does that say about this show? Hopefully tomorrow night is better.

Outside of Elias/Corbin Becky/Baszler and Zayn/Bryan being too short.

I was sports entertained.

Taker and AJ was the spectacle it needed to be and makes me wonder what Cena and Bray are going to do tomorrow to try top it.

Shit, the boneyard match is the loophole to get that vaunted Taker/Sting match.

Lack of fans really exposes that notion of “only in ring should matter” when it comes to rasslin.

Because if in ring action is what really matters, the backlash over empty arenas wouldn’t be a thing.

And now you have the reason why certain performers are not pushed and jobber out…because nobody cares how many moves someone can do.

The truly talented performers can make an empty arena a non factor.

So little few can do it.

didnt mean to quote whoever I quoted…finger must’ve slipped.

Phones suck

Am I a bad person for turning up the TV and rocking out to AC/DC at 9am in the morning?

1 Like

did we even hear the weekend official theme the whole night lol

Broken AJ Styles, wonderful,oops I mean phenomenal.

1 Like

This was insufferable. Even the matches I cared about were dull at best. For me WWE are trying their best NOT to adapt to how their wrestlers should work in an empty arena… and some of those wrestlers (male or female) had shown that they just CAN’T work in these circumstances.

Show could only started worse with Alias and Corbin. The title switch, though expected, still made me irritated so the show overall started on the wrong foot.

Just skipped the next one. Could not even bother.

Welcome to the main roster, Shayna. Klapperz.

Bryan vs Sami, for something that should get in - I just could not. Perhaps they tried, but when you are in an empty arena and people are interfering and the ref is obviously DEAF or BLIND it kills all sort of suspense. Just sad.

Even if I did before, after everything so far I didn’t care about the “tag team” match to even pay attention, sorry for the guys that killed themselves.

I totally skipped Kevin vs Seth. I can’t stand the latter and I there was a time when Kevin was my absolute top favorite wrestler in the world - since ROH, through NXT and at some point into the main roster. I still like him, but Rollins is someone I just can’t STAND watch or listen to. Even against Kevin. I saw a lot of stupidity like a (no) DQ and the bottom line is I don’t think I’ve lost anything by skipping this one.

Skipped all the promos. Heyman opens his mouth and I hear only white noise. And I used to love his promos. I don’t know if it’s his delivery or repetitiveness of the material, most likely both, but I just can’t force myself into caring what his mouth is spewing.

Goldberg vs Strowman was… I don’t know, a big nothing even for something that I actually expected. How come in the familiar matches with Brock it felt like there was storytelling and here it was… just moves.

The AJ/Taker debacle was like something out of a D movie. Horrible, HORRIBLE shaky camera work, questionable lighting and sounding, the scenario itself was… uugh. Taker destroyed 10 000 OC members, teleported (aka inserted a cheat code) in the most important moment of the match and won “clean”. Come on.

I hope someone enjoyed this, but in an era where you can watch some great series (Ozark, Mr. Mercedes, I’ve finally just started The Sopranos) or movies (Jojo Rabbit, Ford vs Ferrari, re-watching Alien(s), The Thing, Prince of Darkness, Big Trouble in Little China…) on TV or on the internet - this was beyond, BEYOND bad.

Even killed my mood to watch My Dad Is A Heel Wrestler for now. Hopefully I’ll feel otherwise in the evening.

Did you think going in that there was even a chance you were going to like this show? You seem to just generally dislike most of the people you knew were going to be on it.

1 Like

First of all: I didn’t know any single match that would be on any given night. I was looking forward to Bryan vs Sami, I like Shayna so I wanted to see her match, was tickling to see a hoss fight between Goldberg and Strowman and really curious (despite previous experiences with familiar matches in WWE) to see something fun with The Undertaker vs AJ.

Considering all of this, I’d say I had actual interest into the bigger part of the show in this first night. Was disappointed in each every instant (finisher, quality or both).

I knew I wasn’t going to enjoy it so decided not to watch it. Based on what I have read about the boneyard match, I am satisfied I made the correct decision.

Did anyone see that advert for The Undertaker series where it seems that he’s getting ready to have his last match.

If it’s the case then I would assume that it would be this year’s Survivor Series seeing it would be the 30th anniversary.

I’m not sure that he’ll wrestle at Mania ever again

I did think this was his Last planned Mania (however probably last few years have been as well. a guy can’t let go plus feels he has one more match left plus getting paid good money hard to turn down)

I think why they originally had him against AJ someone get best taker match out of him and a good crowd send off. Covid gummed that up. Who knows but if taker has lots of stocks he may be wrestling for years to come now. since market tanked.

Survivor Series may be a good choice end it 30 years after debut with a crowd match or Mania Next year 30 years since first mania.

However thinking about The Undertaker if we saw him for the Last Time last night a pretty cool and amazing Story book end. A Demon a Grim Reaper Riding Into the night after he took his Final Soul Never to be heard from again. What a Legend to tell generations to come!

Aaaah, I take that back - this was a trill! It was literally a New Japan Alternate Universe Movie - do yourself a favor and go watch it on njpwworld now!

Watched the taker vs aj match and that was exactly what’s I needed. Awesome stuff.