WrestleMania 36 to be a two-night event on the WWE Network, hosted by Rob Gronkowski

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/03/18/wrestlemania-36-to-be-a-two-night-event-on-the-wwe-network-hosted-by-rob-gronkowski/

It has been confirmed by WWE that their biggest show of the year in WrestleMania 36 will be emanating from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando with no fans in attendance. The company has also made the announcement that WrestleMania will be split up into two nights on April 4th and April 5th with both shows beginning at 7 PM EST on the WWE Network. Multi-time Super Bowl champion Tight End Rob Gronkowski is set to host both nights.

Gronk tweeted out that he’ll be sharing more details about the presentation when he appears on Friday Night SmackDown from the WWE Performance Center.

It’s official! I’m hosting @WrestleMania this year…and it’s gonna be too big for just one night. For the 1st time, #WrestleMania will be a 🚨2-NIGHT🚨event: Saturday, April 4 AND Sunday, April 5 on @WWENetwork! Tell you more this Friday night on #SmackDown at 8 ET on @FOXTV.

— Rob Gronkowski (@RobGronkowski) March 18, 2020

It was first reported on WWE Backstage by Ryan Satin that Rob Gronkowski was close to signing a deal with WWE and he could appear on the March 20th episode of SmackDown which was originally scheduled to take place in New Orleans, Louisiana. TheWrap later confirmed both of those details and Gronk is officially a WWE roster member.

Only essential personnel will be in attendance for the first-ever two-night WrestleMania event and here’s the updated match card for WWE’s “Show Of Shows”:

– WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre
– NXT Women’s Championship: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair
– RAW Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler
– WWE Universal Championship: Goldberg (c) vs. Roman Reigns
– John Cena vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
– The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles
– Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins

Just why…like why…on so many levels why?!

This is feeling less and less like WrestleMania with every passing day and more like a WWE Network House Show broadcast.

If my choices are a 6 hour show with no crowd or two 3 hour shows with no crowd, I’d rather have it split up so it’s not as daunting of a task to watch.

1 Like

And whats going to happen with guys like Kevin Owens who live in Canada and the boarder is now closed to all but essential services and personnel? WWE is not “essential”. Wrestlemania certainly isnt “essential”… This card is gonna be a shit show guaranteed.

Honestly I didn’t even think of the people like this.

So with the event being two days maybe that means less people there each day reducing risk to everyone? I am trying to look on the bright side

1 Like

Lotta of Canadians on WWE and AEW rosters that I assume will be MIA while the border is closed. Brock may be staying in South Dakota for the time being, but seeing as he has dual citizenship he is probably safe to come and go. Maybe. Kevin Owens will get yanked, fortunately Edge lives in North Carolina. Not sure Rhea Ripleys citizenship status but shes probably gone or trying to get back tp the UK. Same with Drew McIntyre. There goes half your WM card.

The boarder closing may not effect workers. It remains to be seen

As far as I know she’s still an Australian citizen who lived in the UK while on NXT UK as a citizen of the Commenwealth.

Im sure you watched Trudeaus announcement this morning. It wont affect workers of essential services and industry. WWE is neither as you are aware. But with Vince being besties with Trump who the hell knows.

1 Like

Yeah I saw. I have no idea but I figure if you are a dual citizen like some of them are they may have a solution.

Kevin Owens isn’t afraid to say no to the Saudi shows. Hopefully he’s ok with saying no to this dumb thing too.

It’s a match with Seth. It’ll probably happen 6 more times on Raw this year.

1 Like

It’s supposed to be in multiple areas. Maybe one is in Canada? Who knows

Kevin Owens lives in Florida.

Yeah I was think, why do we care about citizenship at all. It only matters where people live now. Like I’m sure Ripley lives in Orlando right now while she is on NXT every week. She isn’t flying back and forth every week. They are deporting non-citizens, they are halting travel across the border.

As for the 2 night idea I think it. 6+ straight hours with no crowd is just too much, and as crowds and PPV don’t matter, just network content I think breaking it up is smart. Now I just wish they would tape like the next 2 months of content at the same time so they can get it all out of the way.

I thought Owens still lived in Canada.
My bad!

1 Like

He definitely has family here, but he moved his family down shortly after joining NXT.