WRESTLEMANIA 37 NIGHT 1 AND 2 OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Hell of a match between Sasha and Bianca, that hair whip was like a gunshot going off. By far, best match of the night

I was like…they’re overdoing the hair pull a bit too much here…only to see what they were building up to with the hair whip. My goodness. That sight of Sasha on the floor with a rip across her side was a perfect shot.

And they never overstayed their welcome, told the story in a reasonable amount of time. Just a masterpiece, will be hard to top that

I liked it, though it seemed a bit off in parts, a bit awkward. Bianca is not quite there, as far as how she works between the moves. Also, though Sasha was the heel she has so many fans that a strong heel-face dynamic was missing. Still, more interesting as a main event than the Lashley-Drew match.

Let’s not over react here. It is hardly even close to a masterpiece.

Voting for masterpiece. If only for the debbie downer downing :stuck_out_tongue:.

Realistically - both will be able to do better when Bianca has been on the main roster for more than a minute. But that one displayed strength after strength after strength of the two…and if you want to give just match structure it’s props, it lives up to that word.

To me it was pretty easily the best women’s match ever on Mania and probably the best main event since 30.

I wouldn’t disagree with any of that. It was a very good, solid match. When you’re talking masterpiece, I think that should put it in all time discussion.

Downer for me was commentary. Made me miss Tom Phillips tonight.

1 Like

Yeah as someone who fast forwards a lot of main roster stuff, that was way too much Michael Cole.

Yoooo I was listening the the Sunday Night’s Main Event post show and Mouth hated the entire Bad Bunny stuff and thought it was the WORST match of the show. Well, the entire show in general he thought was awful too. Man, I love Mouth but sometimes he gets a little too Jim Cornette on his takes.

Can’t say I’m surprised, I love mouth but he definitely suffers from confirmation bias when it comes to WWE. He goes in expecting to hate it, and with certain performers it doesn’t matter what they do he will hate it. I don’t see how anyone can say that Bad Bunny didn’t do well tonight.

For me this was the best show from any wrestling company since the pandemic. It’s crazy how much a crowd adds to a show, even at a much smaller capacity, the show just had a feeling of “realness” to it.

Bianca and Sasha stole the show IMO. Some people earlier were arguing with me that they didn’t deserve the main event, well, I hope anyone that thought that now gets why they deserved the spot. There was real emotion there, and when I watch a WrestleMania main event, emotion is what I am looking for. At the beginning and end the match I got legit goosebumps. Such a great show.

1 Like

They deserved it the lack of time it got on smackdown and story line wise is what didn’t really deserve the main event, (IMO main event of night one is not the true main event) Not to take anything away from them us as hardcore fans know there long journeys but the casual fans do not it seems kind of thrown together or well i pick you cause i won the rumble. they missed the boat on doing some great storytelling on smackdown, (in the ring they told heaps!) But it could have all been better if they had pushed the match more for months. Heck even the way tag titles are being defended tomorrow Sasha and Bianca should have won them and did there match tomorrow and somehow coexist and defend tag titles tomorrow (maybe from such a high high to be mid card next night might not be as good but it tell a strong story more then what they got at least heading into the match. Good on them they had a great showcase. and hope wwe creative dont drop the ball again.

The real winners are you guys. I haven’t seen anything and read this expecting to find out some results. All you’ve told me is it was a good show and I now want to watch it - good job PW crew

1 Like

Very Impressed by Bad Bunny. Has he secretly been wrestling all his life ? Main Event was great.

Bad Bunny certainly exceeded expectations as many have pointed out.

Who nobody has given any credit to is The Miz as well. Miz was terrific in the match selling for Bunny, talking trash, acting overconfident and then shocked.

Miz has been great this whole feud. In fact the match might have been better as a singles match with Morrison and Priest just in their corners.

3 Likes

I won’t disagree that creative could have been better since Bianca’s Rumble win. With that said, that main event had a very special feeling to in even before it started, and IMO 100% deserved to be the main event, and I think my comments pre show were certainly proved to be right as it obviously worked out.

I disagree that being the main event on night one isn’t the “true main event”. It’s two shows, and each has a match headlining it.

The majority of smarks will never give the Miz credit. I completely agree with you though.

3 Likes

I know Miz is completely selfless and will sell like mad to put people over. I was not surprised because he has always done that.

1 Like

The best thing about yesterdays show, was that it made me pumped for tonights show. It should be another good show and it’ll be nice to have 2 solid WWE shows, before going back to Raw on Monday.