WrestleMania 37 set for two nights, locations & dates for 2022 & 2023

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/01/16/wrestlemania-37-set-for-two-nights-locations-dates-for-2022-2023/

WWE has announced the dates and locations for the next three WrestleMania events including a two-night event this year from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.

It was announced on Football Night in America on NBC that the dates and locations for WrestleMania 37, 38, and 39 have been confirmed.

For the second year in a row, WrestleMania will be split into a two-night event on Saturday, April 10th, and Sunday, April 11th from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. The stadium was the original location of last year’s WrestleMania, which was forced to move to the WWE Performance Center after the pandemic caused changes to the annual event.

WWE included the following note regarding ticket availability for this year’s set of shows at Raymond James Stadium:

In coordination with local partners and government officials, WWE will announce ticket availability and safety protocols for WrestleMania 37 in the coming weeks. Information on additional WrestleMania Week events is forthcoming.

WrestleMania 38 will see the show return to AT&T Stadium on Sunday, April 3, 2022. AT&T Stadium hosted WrestleMania 32 in April 2016.

Finally, they confirmed that SoFi Stadium will host WrestleMania 39 on Sunday, April 2, 2023, from Inglewood, California. SoFi Stadium was the original site of this year’s show, but it was known previously that the show was unlikely to take place in California due to the pandemic.

The announcement of the locations was made through an elaborate video from WWE featuring Paul Levesque and Stephanie McMahon as news anchors and throwing to Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks, and John Cena for the various announcements:

The same government officials responsible for this…
https://twitter.com/AndySlater/status/1313872647915106304?s=19

I am so against the idea of a crowd for Mania this year… I just really hope they use some good judgement.

Also, I do not see them going back to one night, no matter what they say now. If they can make both nights worth while, and sell tickets - then no doubt they’ll stick to that.

1 Like

Looking ahead to 2022 I’m excited Wrestlemania is returning to Dallas. While the 8 hour event itself is an endurance test. All the events surrounding wrestlemania like an NXT TakeOver and Raw after give me something to look forward to.

1 Like

I’m glad they pushed the SoFi Stadium show to Wrestlemania 39. I may try and get to that one and get my California trip out of the way.

Good for Tampa After all those years finally and then Covid took it from them in 2020 Very glad they get a second chance in 2021

Dallas and Los Angles are both markets with a great arena landscape.

There will be several suitable venues for Wrestlecon, ROH, NJPW, etc…to choose from.

LA’s economy is bad so it was wise to go to Dallas first to give LA an extra year to recover.

With the schedule now being:

Friday: Smackdown
Saturday: Mania Night 1
Sunday: Mania Night 2
Monday: Raw

Its going to be impossible to fit both NXT and the HOF. Now I know they only committed to the two nights for this year, but I have to imagine that this becomes permanent. With that said, they should just move the HOF to Summerslam weekend as it will make SS feel a bit more special, and it helps out with fitting everything in on WM weekend.

1 Like

If WWE went against the idea of having fans at the Rumble this year, I seriously doubt they’re gonna go with a full crowd on both nights. They probably went back this year with the 2-night format because they knew they’d go with limited capacity so they could try to maximize their opportunity to have as many fans as possible to attend the event.

Personally, I don’t see them sticking with the 2-night format forever anyway. If you do that, you absolutely need to include NXT on the Wrestlemania card because that eliminates TakeOver right off the bat.

I’m not surprised they are going back to Dallas, it might be a stretch to have a full capacity Mania by 2022 so the biggest NFL Stadium does make sense.

I thought NXT is on Wednesdays. Why can’t they fit that? Too much travel? Overexertion of the body? Lack of sleep?

NXT weekly TV is on Wednesdays, but the Takeover on WM weekend was typically on the Friday or Saturday.

If memory serves me right, before SD moved to Fridays it was:

Friday- HOF
Saturday - Takeover
Sunday - WM
Monday - Raw
Tuesday - SD

Oh, I see.

Sorry for the oversight.

I’m 100% confident they will be going limited capacity this year. Raptors basketball games in Tampa just started disallowing fans to attend because of the spike in cases. I’m not sure what the Bucs are doing right now but I would bet it will be similar to their attendance.

Here’s the video if you haven’t seen it:

That was actually…Good?!

1 Like

I’m sure some will hate it, but I thought that was pretty funny.

1 Like

That Roman Reigns scene was fucking brilliant. Dude’s not a heel, he’s a damn mafia don.
The whole video reminds me of how I felt watching the Wrestlemania 21 “goes Hollywood” commercials. Fun! This is silly, campy, funny, fun.

1 Like

100% agree, that was my favourite part. I wonder if they will go full Soprano’s and when Jimmy comes back with Roman telling Jey he needs to take Jimmy out. Similar to something Tony would do.

Who would have thought a year ago that in January 2021 the hottest character in wrestling would be Roman Reigns.

If you eschew the “Takeover” branding (and thus, not needing to do it on the network/weekend), you can pretty easily stretch a Wrestlemania week out of two nights of Wrestlemania without a problem while giving them that Wednesday pop they’re often looking for:

Wednesday - NXT Special - World’s Collide
Thursday - Hall of Fame
Friday - Smackdown
Saturday - WM
Sunday - WM
Monday - Raw

And if they really want to stretch it to 7 days, they could send Baron Corbin to Impact or something.

See I don’t think that works. I have to imagine that the majority of fans going to the host city are going to be there for mania. By having takeover on Wednesday you are asking fans to stay in the host city for at least 5 nights if they want to do takeover and mania night 2. I mean, you could, but that’s asking a lot. I’d just move the HOF to Summerslam weekend.

I actually prefer mania over two days. Rather have two four hour shows than one eight hour slog.