WrestleMania Week Events in New Orleans

Joey Janela has announced that the ClusterFuck will return at Spring Break II and the first participant is The Session Moth!

1 Like

Also, Jeff Cobb vs Tomorhiro Ishii has been announced for Wrestle Con!

1 Like

Does WWE still do NXT matches at Axxess? When I went to Axxess in 2014 being able to go right up next to the ring (probably the only time i’ll have front row seats) for a few matches was a highlight of the WM30 weekend. Even though they were just exhibition matches, the wrestlers and the small crowd gathered around still made it a ton of fun.

Inside the Ropes are hosting an even with Paul Heyman: https://insidetheropes.co.uk/paulheyman

1 Like

That’s a tasty prospect.

Style Battle has announced their tournament for Wrestlemania weekend.

Bracket A:

Keith Lee vs. Nick Gage
Matt Riddle vs. Dave Crist (just announced)

Bracket B:

Anthony Henry vs. Jason Kincaid (just announced)
Darby Allin vs. Tracer X (just announced)

Also, the Pump Patrol from WildKat Sports (Curt Matthews & Jared Wayne) vs. Freelance Wrestling’s Matt Knicks & Stevie Fierce has been announced as well.

1 Like

Jake the Snake has standup at The Howlin Hold 4/7 at 8pm

1 Like

The Howlin Wolf

Something I’ve been working on for IPPV planning.

Updated 30\03\2018 - see below.

4 Likes

WWN have now confirmed their pricing and bell times, so have updated the spreadsheet above accordingly.

https://wwnlive.com/product-category/live-ippv/?v=79cba1185463

Have updated the spreadsheet again with what’s looking like final Live Streaming information unless Wrestlecon announce something.

As far as pricing, the cheapest option for the weekend is to use the FITE TV new member offer where all purchases via the FITE app within 24 hours of signing up, come with equal credit back.

I.e you could buy 2 events at $14.99 each and use the free credit to buy two additional events. This applies to all WWN/GCW/Shimmer events and ROH (though that is $24.99).

Alternatively you can buy all 9 of the WWN events for $89.99 on the Fite App with the WWN Live Experience package and get $89.99 credit as a new member. Existing members will get $18 credit.

If you sign up to FITE using my sign up code 0ywd4q2 (or anyone else’s) you will get an additional $15 credit to spend and there are various other ways to get free credit (liking them through the app on FB, Twitter, uploading a video etc).

Alternatively, join Club WWN for $9.99 monthly and get 50% off Live or Live+VOD purchases of WWN Family events, i.e. Evolve, WWN Supershow and Style Battle. This does NOT include the GCW events (Janela, Bloodsport) or Shimmer.

All WWN associated VOD, including GCW and Shimmer but not Progress, will be free on Club WWN 2 weeks after the events.

You can also join the ROH Honor Club for $9.99 monthly (with other yearly plans available too) and get the live stream of ROH Supercard of Honor for Free. (ROH are counting this as an “event” rather than a “PPV” so it’s available on all Honor Club tiers).

I think that’s everything, here’s a cheap link to my Fite TV referral link directly, which gives you $15 credit.

http://fite.tv/invite/0ywd4q2

Any corrections, let me know.

1 Like

Any idea if we can watch the wrestle con supershow streamed?

I saw tweets a while back saying they might but no announcement and its getting close. Seeming like that stuff will be VOD only. Hopefully they’re quick.

WrestleMania Weekend Schedule Time & Platform. Only The Crash & Wildkat Wrestling shows are ones I’m not will be available to watch. Times are in EST

APRIL 5 4:00 PM MATT RIDDLE’S BLOODSPORT (Fite TV & WWN)

APRIL 5 7:00 PM WILDKAT WRESTLING

APRIL 5 8:00 PM EVOLVE 102 (Fite TV & WWN)

APRIL 5 10:30 PM WRESTLECON SUPERSHOW (Highspots Wrestling Network On Demand Only)

APRIL 6 12:55 AM BEYOND WRESTLING (Fite TV & & WWN)

APRIL 6 1:00 PM THE CRASH

APRIL 6 1:00 PM PROGRESS WRESTLING (Progress Network-On Demand Only)

APRIL 6 5:00 PM REVOLUTION PRO (RevPro Network On Demand)

APRIL 6 5:00 PM EVOLVE 103 (Fite TV & & WWN)

APRIL 6 9:00 PM WWN SUPERSHOW (Fite TV & WWN)

APRIL 6 10:00 PM IMPACT VS. LUCHA UNDERGROUND (Twitch)

APRIL 7 12:55 AM JOEY JANELA’S SPRING BREAK (Fite TV & WWN)

APRIL 7 12:00 PM PRO WRESTLING REVOLVER (Highspots Network-On Demand Only)

APRIL 7 1:00 PM PROGRESS WRESTLING (Progress Network On Demand)

APRIL 7 4:00 PM COMBAT ZONE WRESTLING (Highspots Network-On Demand Only)

APRIL 7 5:00 PM SHIMMER 100 (FiteTV & WWN)

APRIL 7 8:30 PM ROH SUPERCARD OF HONOR (Honor Club & Fite TV)

APRIL 7 9:00 PM STYLE BATTLE (Fite TV & WWN)

APRIL 7 9:00 PM NXT TAKEOVER (WWE Network)

APRIL 8 12:30 AM HOUSE OF HARDCORE (Twitch)

APRIL 8 12:55 AM KAIJU BIG BATTEL (FiteTV & WWN)

APRIL 8 5:00 PM WWE WRESTLEMANIA (WWE Network)

4v719wv

If anyone wants to use my welcome code on FITE TV. Go for it. Cheers!

1 Like

This thread is wonderful. Thank you guys!

Thought I’d share thoughts on the first of a few shows I plan to watch this weekend. I watched EVOLVE 102 last night using FITE.tv, after learning earlier in the day that WWNLive.com was having serious lag issues, but FITE was working well (they really seem to have their stuff together), and I discovered they have a Roku channel in conjunction with it. So I ordered EVOLVE 102 and the stream ended up being quite strong after some very minor issues during the first match. FITE will get return business from me, especially as I was able to get credit towards at least two shows.

EVOLVE 102 on Thursday night:

1. DJZ beat Austin Theory in a non-title match with the ZDT (DDT from a forward roll). This was fine, good athleticism, my feed hitched up a couple times. This is the first EVOLVE show I’ve seen since August (which I attended live), and my first time seeing DJZ in a long time, so I don’t know how long he’s been doing this gimmick where he calls for a horn from a DJ off-screen before he hits a move. Funny at first, a little tiresome afterward.

Theory threw a fit afterward, but then calmed down and challenged Keith Lee to make their match tomorrow a Title vs. Title Match (his FIP Title against Lee’s WWN Title), and even make it the opening match tomorrow so everyone can see it on Facebook. Then he said he’ll defend it at Axxess later in the weekend (Lee defended the title against Kassius Ohno earlier today at Axxess), and use it as his stepping stone to WWE.

1. Will Ospreay beat AR Fox (w/ his wife and his posse) with the OsCutter. I really dug this. It told a story with Ospreay trying to stay mindful of his taped-up neck, and provided the usual spectacular stuff from both guys. Fox’s posse tried to get involved, but Ospreay was able to neutralize them easily, including hitting a dive onto all of them towards the end. Mrs. Fox provided a distraction to Ospreay and the ref while Ospreay was on the top, allowing Fox to hit Lo Mein Pain and a 450 for a very close nearfall. Ospreay also hit his dope Liger Bomb. Crowd loved it.

2. The End (Odinson & Parrow w/ Drennan) won the 4-way Tag Team Scramble with a Doomsday Uppercut to Anthony Henry. However, since neither Chris Dickinson nor Jaka were pinned, those two are still the EVOLVE Tag Team Champions. Henry & James Drake had the titles won, but Odinson through Henry onto Drake with an F5 to break up the pinfall. Suitably chaotic match that still told its stories. Stokely Hathaway commanded that Dom Garrini lay down for Dickinson & Jaka, but Tracy Williams broke up the pin and slapped Garrini to keep his eyes on the prize. After the match, Drake attacked The End from behind with chairshots.

3. Keith Lee beat Darby Allin in a non-title match with Ground Zero. Fun clash of styles and size. Before the finish, Lee hit Allin with a Spirit Bomb that turned him inside out, but Allin was still able to get up after looking like he was dead. Allin was able to get some offense and nearfalls in through his high-flying.

Lee addressed and accepted Austin Theory’s challenge from earlier. Allin started to get back up afterwards and ask for more punishment, but Lee, after pulling him up by his throat, let him be and left. Afterward, Candy Cartwright came through the entrance, leading to Jarek 1:20 to attack Allin from behind and lay him out with a Dominator-style DDT. Jarek said he’ll take his spot on the EVOLVE roster by eliminating those who have spots.

1. WALTER & Timothy Thatcher beat Daisuke Sekimoto & Munenori Sawa when WALTER made Sawa tap to a choke sleeper, as Thatcher held back Sekimoto. This easily could have been the main event. Incredible action. WALTER and Sekimoto (who have wrestled each other a few times before) dished out chops and power to each other, while Thatcher and Sawa (who had the same influences) provided technical exchanges, and all four mixed everything together like a stew. Sawa, back for just this weekend after being in retirement since 2011 (when his home promotion folded) was a bit of a wildman and did some really quick strikes out of a martial arts movie. This made me want to rewatch Sawa’s 2010 match with Bryan Danielson. WALTER & Thatcher showed great respect to Sawa & Sekimoto afterward.

Stokely Hathaway came out and said because he and Thatcher go way back, Thatcher had less than 24 hours to back out of the EVOLVE Tag Team Title Match tomorrow night, and he referred to WALTER as Vladimir Kozlov. Darby Allin took the mic from Hathaway, looking to have his match with WALTER now, but WALTER just beat him up and laid him out with a powerbomb.

1. Matt Riddle beat Zack Sabre Jr. with the Bromission to become the NEW EVOLVE Champion! A total clinic and another incredible match. Sabre was able to counter a late Bromission attempt into his banana split submission (alluded to as happening in their previous match), but then Riddle was able to counter that into the Bromission for the win. Sabre presented the title to him afterward and offered a handshake, but Riddle offered a fist bump instead, which Sabre accepted. Riddle is the sixth EVOLVE Champion in company history. Victory promo by Riddle afterward, where he said he’s been chasing this title for a long time and this was all thanks to the fans.
2 Likes

Fite tv was solid. My first time using it. I liked the flow of the show. Not as long and bloated as other evolve shows. I was genuinely surprised by the finish of the show and by how good osperey looked considering his injury. I wish the house mic was louder but great job on the first night. BRO BRO BRO

1 Like

I finished watching the WWN Supershow myself and BY GAWD…

Before this, I caught the opener to EVOLVE 103 for free on Facebook, as I didn’t think I’d be able to watch all of it. Austin Theory beat Keith Lee to retain his FIP Title and win Lee’s WWN TItle, following a low blow while the ref was down and a TKO. Very surprising. I get the impression Lee is WWE-bound, as he bowed to all four sides of the ring afterward.

As for the what just happened, the full skinny… Joanna Rose was the ring announcer for the WWN Supershow. Trevin Adams announced that Matt Riddle vs. Will Ospreay for the EVOLVE Title would be the main event.

1. AR Fox & DJZ & Trey Miguel beat Austin Theory & Travis Banks & Zachary Wentz when DJZ pinned Wentz with a 450. DJZ jawed with Theory afterward in regards to a shot at his WWN Title, seeing how . This being the Traditional Six-Man Tag dating back to Dragon Gate in ROH, they followed Dragon Gate rules of having no tags needed. Fox was replacing Darby Allin here. Banks had a bandage over his right eye from whatever happened to him earlier, so good to know he was cleared for this (he wasn’t for EVOLVE 103 in the afternoon). Fun opener with a lot of fast-paced action and some nutty high-flying from newcomers Miguel and Wentz.

Jason Kincaid came out for a match, but Candy Cartwright distracted him during his entrance and Jarek 1:20 attacked him from behind. Jarek then wiped out the ref and handcuffed Kincaid to the barricade, stomped into him, and then used a longer pair of handcuffs to choke him. The other refs finally came out to stop him and help out Kincaid.

1. Zack Sabre Jr. beat Munenori Sawa with his banana split Napalm Death submission. I really dug it. They started out exchanging strikes in the ring and out before working each other over in the ring with holds. Standing ovation for Sawa afterward.

New Orleans Street Fight was next, and Tracy Williams & Dom Garrini came out first, along with Stokely Hathaway. He took the mic before the other teams entered and said how he felt unsafe because of the match stipulations, so he left ringside and wished Williams & Garrini good luck.

1. Anthony Henry & James Drake beat Williams & Garrini and The End (Parrow & Odinson w/ Drennan) when Drake pinned Parrow after a double stomp on Odinson laying on a table set up over Parrow. The table was supposed to break likely, but did not. Henry & Drake had the match won after a moonsault from Drake, but Henry stopped the pin and stated he wanted to end this for good. Parrow was powerbombed by Williams onto a table at ringside that did not break at all, while Williams & Garrini suplexed Odinson through a table that barely broke. Odinson sent Garrini through a table in the corner that definitely broke and took Garrini out of the match. Garrini introduced a ladder to use as weapon, though that ladder was essentially used to by Henry & Drake to smash Garrini’s feet. Henry was almost hit with the Doomsday uppercut again before Drake threw a chair at Odinson’s face to stop him. Chaotic match, pretty fun, marred by invincible tables, leading to Botchamania-related chants tied to such tables in Japan.

2. LuFisto beat Holidead with a burning hammer to retain the SHINE Title. My feed on FITE crapped out for most of this match, but finally came back on maybe a minute before the finish. Afterward, LuFisto called herself the Women’s Revolution, and called everything else a marketing plan for Barbie Dolls. She promoted SHINE 50 at the end of the month and said she would have this title until she retires (she’s held it since January of last year, longest title reign now under the WWN umbrella). Just as LuFisto was finishing up, Kimber Lee came in from behind and stared down LuFisto, as if she’ll be the next challenger. LuFisto backed off.

3. Daisuke Sekimoto beat Keith Lee with an arm-capture German suplex. Total hoss battle. Highly enjoyable. Chops, slams, even missile dropkick off the top by Sekimoto.

Right after the match, Nick Gage came out of nowhere and attacked Lee (ahead of their match at Style Battle tomorrow night). The ref tried to pull him off but was thrown across the timekeeper’s table. A few other people tried to stop him with no luck, and then Gage cut a promo cursing at Lee and at various fans cursing at him. Lee still got chants after Gage left and cut a promo himself, taking aim at some Gage fans in the crowd (“I just made your boy nervous!”) as well as Gage.

1. Chris Dickson & Jaka (w/ Stokely Hathaway) beat WALTER & Timothy Thatcher to retain the EVOLVE Tag Team Titles after hitting Thatcher with Death Trap. Good, competitive tag match, really picking up heat towards the end when it looked like Ringkampf could have won it. WALTER had Dickinson in the Gojira Clutch after Thatcher prevented Death Trap being hit on WALTER, but Jaka broke it up by hitting him with a splash from the top.

Tracy Williams came out afterward and congratulated Dickinson & Jaka on their victory, but then wanted to address “the elephant in the room.” He said Hathaway has run Catch Point into the ground ever since he was brought into the fold . Williams then stated Hathaway’s services are no longer needed, and wished him the best in his future endeavors. Hathaway sold it at first, but then said Williams doesn’t understand contracts and that he fully owns Catch Point, so he fired Williams. Dom Garrini came in from behind and low blowed Wiliams, and then Dickinson & Jaka held him and tore his shirt off. So Dickinson, Jaka, and Garrini are fully aligned with Hathaway as they left Williams alone in the ring.

1. Matt Riddle beat Will Ospreay with the Bromission in a No Rope Breaks Match to retain the EVOLVE Title. Joanna announced the stipulation during the introductions, but it slipped my mind during this match for good reason. This match took me and perhaps anyone else watching (especially those in attendance) on a ride, especially towards the end. Ospreay was favoring his neck and shoulder when he made his entrance and continued to do so during the match. Ospreay actually teased a Spanish Fly off the apron, worrying the fans, but Riddle reversed it into a release German on the apron. Ospreay was able to escape the Bromission, but Riddle caught his back for a choke sleeper. Ospreay climbed the ropes with Riddle on his back and did a flip off the top to get him off. This caused the ref to call down other refs to check on Ospreay, as well as Gabe, but Ospreay said he still wanted to continue. Riddle went in for the kill from there with a knee to the back of the head, his Gotch tombstone (more of a slam, so still legal here), senton to the back, and another knee strike, but Ospreay kept surviving. Riddle actually teased a cradle piledriver, but Ospreay reversed it into a triangle to ground him. Riddle pulled him up, and Ospreay hit a Rainmaker. Then the Liger Bomb for the nearfall. Ospreay then attempted the OsCutter, only to be caught in the Bromission for the submission victory. Holy shit, this was amazing, but I really hope Ospreay takes as much time off as he needs after this weekend.

Riddle cut a promo afterward giving credit to Ospreay and thanking the fans for all of their support.

1 Like

I was at both shows live … Great to see these wrestling stars here in my hometown…

1 Like

This is a few days late on my end (busy weekend with more than just wrestling), but I also caught most of Joey Janela’s Spring Break 2. I wasn’t able to see the main event yet because my FITE feed sadly crapped out, but I have a feeling I’ll get this and/or Matt Riddle’s Bloodsport on DVD in the near future.

As likely mentioned by more than just John & Wai, PCO vs. WALTER was amazing. My likely match of the show. PCO looks considerably older than when I last saw a match with him ten years ago, but that has not held him back.

The opener was a six-way scramble won by Eli Everfly, a younger guy from California, using a double-underhook Canadian Destroyer off the top. How he was able to get away with that was beyond me. Also in this match were DJ Z, Gringo Loco, Tony Deppen, KTB [Kyle The Beast], and Teddy Hart, seemingly sleepwalking through this match while hitting his usual amazing movez, zoned out, not as emotionally involved as the other five, and side-stepping any dives to the outside.

Matt Riddle vs. James Ellsworth was exactly what it needed to be, with Riddle getting the Bromission in short order after Ellsworth got the better of him at times, clipping his knee before the bell and avoiding a knee to the face thanks to his lack of chin.

David Starr beat Mike Quackenbush in a good match that seemed to tell a different story than I expected. A lot of technical work, but also some scary moments where Starr dropped the sporadically-wrestling Quackenbush on his head. Still, the one sane moment in the middle of a crazy wrestling hurricane.

Virgil came out at one point during the show, cutting an unintelligible promo and wandering around the ring before being called to the back by someone. This sucked, whatever it was.

Nick Gage beat Penta in a match where they threw chairs at each other and put each other through wooden doors. Then Gage yelled back at people in the crowd giving him shit, saying he’ll wait in the parking lot for anyone looking to get a piece of him.

Finally, before the main event, was the 2nd Annual Spring Break Clusterfuck. Staggered entrances at indeterminate times, eliminations via pin, submission, being thrown over the top rope, disqualification, or death. One of the people commentating on this match was Ron Funches. Order of entrants:

1. Jimmy Lloyd (whom Funches said looked like if Roseanne had sex with a caveman)
  2. Session Moth Martina
  3. Orange Cassidy
  4. Wheeler Yuta
  5. Curt Stallion
  6. Facade
  7. Swoggle
  8. Grado
  9. Kikutaro
  10. The Invisible Man (who was your winner, even after Lloyd hit him with an illegal piledriver)
  11. Joe Gacy
  12. Earl Cooter under the name Brian Idol
  13. Chris Dickinson, coming out to Real American and looking like the Sandman
  14. Dan Severn
  15. Alabama Doink
  16. Rickey Shane Page
  17. Markus Crane
  18. Aero Boy and Crazy Boy, who came out as a team
  19. Rory Gulak, doing Drew Gulak’s old gimmick
  20. Spyder Nate Webb, who did his full Teenage Dirt Bag entrance
  21. Ethan Page
  22. Maxwell Jacob Friedman
  23. Mikey Whipwreck, who came out much later and looked quite good in the ring