WrestleMania XL - Live Discussion Thread

Iyo and Bayley put out a nice one. Now the main event. Strap in people, gonna be a long one.

1 Like

That was definitely a spectacle… This show closing is pretty special though too.

Just like 20 years ago, we’re in the “lol HHH wins” era of WWE.

1 Like

Maybe theres no heat on Prichard?

Was just thinking the same thing… HHH and Bruce had better be squeaky f’n clean.

1 Like

HE FINISHED THE STORY!!!

I loved it. It was totally absurd. But I still loved it.

I am very much looking forward to a new era where Roman Reigns/Lesnar isn’t on top for a combined 8 years.

The new era in WWE, featuring young upcoming stars such as The Rock, Undertaker and John Cena, lol.

Not a bad show by any stretch but calls for this being the “best” Mania of all time are greatly exaggerated.

3 Likes

3 Likes

That main event became too funny, people started chanting for austin. Good ridiculous fun i guess. Crowd goes home happy.

My problem with it is that WWE loves to do two things:

1 - Reminds you that the stars of the yesteryear are always bigger than the stars of today.
2 - They always look for WrestleMania “moment”. It is all about creating that moment, sometimes to the detriment to the match itself, especially when every match starts with the two wrestlers facing each other by the nose, looking left, looking right and absorbing the crowd reaction which sometimes can be flat.

1 Like

Really liked night two. The only match I didn’t enjoy was Bayley vs Sky. Just not a Bayley fan in-ring.

But everything else overdelivered. Cody and Roman was probably my MOTN. But that Philly Street Fight was way better than it had any right to be. Also really liked AJ and LA.

For those who are interested in the behind the scenes, Fightful released the agents/producers for each match at both nights of WrestleMania.

Night 1:

• Women’s World Championship Match Becky Lynch vs. Rhea Ripley, Producer: TJ Wilson

• 6-Pack Ladder Match For the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships Awesome Truth vs. The New Day vs. DIY vs. New Catch Republic vs. Grayson Waller & Austin Theory vs. Judgement Day, Producers: Jamie Noble & Kenn Doane

• Rey Mysterio & Andrade vs. “Dirty” Dominik Mysterio & Santos Escobar, Producer: Chris Park & Shane Helms

• Jey Uso vs. Jimmy Uso, Producer: Jason Jordan

• Jade Cargill, Bianca Belair, & Naomi vs. Damage CTRL (Dakota Kai, Kabuki Warriors) Producer: Pete Williams & Nora Greenwald

• Intercontinental Championship Match: Sami Zayn vs. GUNTHER (C) - Producer: Shawn Daivari

• Cody Rhodes & Seth “Freakin” Rollins vs. Roman Reigns ( w/ Paul Heyman) & The Rock, Producers: Michael Hayes & Bobby Roode

Night 2:

• Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre (CM Punk on commentary), Producers: Chris Park & Jamie Noble

• Street Fight: Bobby Lashley & Street Profits vs. The Final Testament. Producers: Petey Williams & Jason Jordan

• LA Knight vs. AJ Styles, Producer Adam Pearce

• Randy Orton vs. Kevin Owens vs. Logan Paul. Producers Shane Helms & Shawn Daivari, referee Ryan Tran

• Bayley vs. IYO Sky, Producers TJ Wilson & Nora Greenwald

• Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns. Producers: Michael Hayes & Bobby Roode

2 Likes

I think initial reactions are important. Because other than the nerds like us, the initial reaction is really the only reaction that fans will have. But after sleeping on it, I think the main event was better than I gave it credit for last night. I think my only gripe is that I wish the gaga was separated more from the finish. Still do all the stuff with Cena and Undertaker (who I’m sure was meant to be Stone Cold)… but have them even the odds with the Bloodline, and then give Cody and Roman five clean minutes before the finish.

1 Like

I really appreciated the pacing of night 2. Im all wrestled out, but i think both nights were solid, if not my favourite shows i saw this week. I preferred roh to both nights, but really liked the sami/gunther and bayley/iyo matches. Great seeing the rock live.
Things i wont miss hearing live (at the shows, on the train, in my hotel lobby etc…): “yeet”, “yeah” (but of course i am very old). Philly is great.

They fucked up. The show should have closed with John Cena finally finishing his story and turning heel by beating the shit out of Cody. They could have built to a big match with Cena going for number 17.

3 Likes

I read somewhere that both Dustin Runnels and Ricky Starks was at the show. I understand the reason why, but, man, Dustin should’ve been in the ring for Cody’s celebration. TBH, I would’ve popped way harder if it was Goldust taking out the Rock, instead of Taker.

2 Likes

When Stephanie said “This is the Paul Levesque era”, I completely heard “my creepy dad is finally gone for good”.

2 Likes

Started Saturdays last night, my fiance reaction was on the noise why I don’t watch WWE often, we both prefer a high athletic, faster paced style, and during the opener she said she felt she was watching in slow motion lol I still enjoyed Ripley/Becky within the WWE style (she also mentioned she would have loved to see Ripley in House of Black), as a long time Uso fan I didn’t mind their match all that much, but it’s been a fine show so far.

2 Likes

Would have loved this. On a side note…ace as hair looks awful. He should keep his cap on