WWE adds two matches to Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/10/14/wwe-adds-two-matches-to-crown-jewel-in-saudi-arabia/

WWE announced two additional matches on Monday for the Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia later this month.

The October 31st card from Riyadh is set to feature a Tag Team Turmoil match involving nine teams, including both the current Raw and SmackDown tag champions.

The teams announced for the turmoil match include: Raw champions Dolph Ziggler & Bobby Roode, SmackDown champions The Revival, New Day (all three members are listed), The O.C. (A.J. Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson), Viking Raiders, Heavy Machinery, Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins, Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik, Kalisto & Lince Dorado), and The B-Team (Curtis Axel).

Additionally, they have added a match between Cesaro and Mansoor. The latter won the 50-man battle royal at the Super Show-Down event in Jeddah this past June. Since winning the battle royal, Mansoor’s only presence on any of the main programs was losing to Damian Priest on the August 21st edition of NXT.

Here is the updated card for Crown Jewel on Thursday, October 31st:
*Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez for the Universal title
*Braun Strowman vs. Tyson Fury
*Team Hogan (Seth Rollins, Rusev & TBA) vs. Team Flair (Randy Orton, King Corbin & TBA)
*Tag Team Turmoil match
*Cesaro vs. Mansoor

Very glad I have 0 interest for any of these matches.

1 Like

Can’t believe WWE are doing all of this for drug money…

1 Like

Drug money ? Or oil money?

I’m happy we are finally seeing Mansoor again. Haven’t seen him since he had that great hometown victory (rare time WWE didn’t make the hometown hero job)

I mean he has done some jobs on NXT…

It’s oil money.

I was just incorrectly calling it drug money to make a point about people incorrectly and annoyingly calling it blood money.

1 Like

Super excited to miss out on this.

1 Like

Mansoor would have to put Cesaro over in 99% of all promotions and arenas in the world… except in this precise case.

1 Like

Do you really wanted them to put over Cesaro? Why? He’s just a jobber now. At least mansoor has a future

Outside of Saudi Arabia Mansoornis a bigger jobber than Cesaro. Unless it is a Saudi build he jobs all the time in NXT his last TV appearance was a job to Damien priest as a run of house shows where he lost to everyone.

On TV he has 1 win against another jobber immediately preceding this battle royal win. Before that it was jobs to Jaxson Riker and Dijak.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t doubt that. But I guess a win in SA means nothing to Cesaro and his career since it’s dead anyway but it would mean so much to MBS.

Isn’t it all about MBS anyway?

Will set my VCR

Oh I mean Mansoor will win no doubt that is what the Saudis want.

Blood Money? Beer Money? Bad Money?

Either way you split it, I have zero interest in any if these Saudi shows. Inconsequential matches, stunt casting/booking (at a detriment to their weekly TV)…Main roster WWE programming is unappealing to me right now. NXT/AEW/Impact are the wrasslin’ shows in my rotation now until Dangerously & Easy E turn their respective ships around. Way too much quality TV these days to settle for mediocrity. :100:

2 Likes

Curt Hawkins won the tag titles at WrestleMania for a home town pop. This is a much smaller deal.

Although WWE don’t do it that much, putting someone over for a home town pop (or in this case a home country pop) isn’t that rare in wrestling.

Yeah I have no issue with it. I had an issue with the notion of “Why would you want Cesaro to win he is a jobber.” When the other guys is an even bigger jobber. Mansoor will win because it is a Saudi show and that is basically the only time he wins because it is for the home town pop.

Never forget Jamal Khashoggi! This WWE Saudia Arabia connection makes me sick