WWE announces cutbacks and other cost reductions due to COVID-19

Yes, the autumn of last year. He sold the ring, banners, everything.

Their website announcement now lists Kurt Angle among the bunch.

Kurt Angle
Aiden English

At the minute, Iā€™d say all bets are off.

Didnā€™t think that these cuts would include Gallows and Anderson.

Bet Mojo is glad they signed Gronk

It wouldnā€™t shock me if AEW isnā€™t exempt from having to do similar things soon, frankly. They have a fairly large roster for how much TV and touring time they have at the moment.

Scary time for everyone in the industry thatā€™s going to see tightening nowā€¦like the rest of the world. As always, just hoping for the best for everyone (and you all too).

1 Like

Letā€™s see what deep pockets Tony will do. Private business, so heā€™s basically paying them personally via an enterprise he fully owns. Will be interesting to see what, if anything they do. They had always planned on losing money the first few years and are ahead of where they projected to be so they may be better positioned just from an expense/revenue model. Not traveling is actually an expense reduction and it can be viewed that they replace anticipated live event money with the TV deal from TNT which Iā€™m sure they modeled their business for a scenario with out that at this point in time regardless of the crisis. I would assume they materially less fixed costs like rent because they probably lease space from the other businesses also wholly owned by Khan.

Zack Ryder seriously has something on Vince.

He got himself over.

1 Like

Does anybody else need new talent right now anyway? Unless someone you really NEED to lock down becomes available, Iā€™d take my chances that theyā€™ll still be on the market on June 1 or whenever.

Is Rusev still wanting out and Mike Bennett

Can certainly make the case, at least merch wise, that Ryderā€™s made the company more money than a pretty decent portion of the roster. Itā€™s still a guy they felt strongly enough to put over with a belt at Mania. I donā€™t think his job is as flimsy as people tend to make outā€¦but I guess I shouldnā€™t make any assumptions on a day like today.

Really sucks for all these people

But Hawkins being let go has legit hurt my feelings.

1 Like

I doubt Tony will jump on a lot of those guys. For example, Anderson and Gallows can go back to Japan (one day when)ā€¦ EC3? I canā€™t really see him there. All the releases are far from any radar. Only guy that I actually am sorry for is Heath Slater - I really liked the chump - he had great sense for humor and is a pretty good worker too.

Not a knock on Drew, because he is good, but the fact Jinder was champ really devalues the belt, there have been a lot of forgettable champs in the last few years.

Im guessing most of the producers will get offered their jobs back once things go back to normal, they canā€™t be many left.

1 Like

Poor Sarah Logan, Mike Chioda also let go

I think the fear and reality is setting in for WWE that getting back to normal with shows on the road in front of audiences is a good ways away. In my controversial post in another thread I commended them for going as long as they did without layoffs but now they are being forced to accept what going forward may look like.

I hope you are right and a lot of this is precautionary and they will be able to hire back soon after we get out of this crisis.

2 Likes

Yeah, frankly you donā€™t need road agents when thereā€™s no road shows. So I both understand the idea of letting them go and the idea that theyā€™ll eventually be back. Itā€™s as you say though - a lot of companies (for good reasons or bad) are just trying to hang on to normal as long as they can, but at this point, we have no idea how long this is going to go on and what the world will look like when we finally get back outside.

Brutal stuff

2 Likes

Iā€™m working and donā€™t have twitter open (have this tab open online with a lot of other things). What is the reaction online?