WWE Backstage draws its second-highest viewership on Xmas Eve

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/26/wwe-backstage-draws-its-second-highest-viewership-on-xmas-eve/

Christmas Eve proved to be a better night to attract viewers for WWE Backstage than nearly every episode since it went weekly on FS 1.

Tuesday night’s edition of the show airing at 11 pm Eastern averaged 153,000 viewers, its second-highest average since the show started in its weekly format on November 5th. The only week to top it was on November 19th for CM Punk’s first official show after being revealed the previous week.

It was up 61% from last week’s episode that averaged 95,000 viewers with Alexa Bliss as the featured guest. This week’s show included the show’s year-end awards. Since November 5th, the show is averaging 120,000 viewers per episode.

This week’s show did a 0.05 in the 18-49 demographic, which matches last week’s rating.

The UFC had enormous success in 2016 when they aired some of their best fights of the year on Fox on Christmas Eve. The special attracted 4,720,000 viewers, although a similar ‘Best of’ show in 2017 airing on FS 1 only did 357,000 viewers.

Fluctuations like that for shows with low viewers make me wonder just how many Nielsen homes there are. Could really boil down to a bunch of viewers having four family members watching with them instead of zero ot one on a regular night. I’ve never been able to find a source for exactly how many Nielsen homes exist at any point in time. I’d love to know that some day, fellas!

0.04% of US households the last time I checked.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!