WWE confirms Amway Center shows, ThunderDome viewing structure

Originally published at WWE confirms Amway Center shows, ThunderDome viewing structure

WWE has confirmed its move to the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida beginning with this Friday’s SmackDown and will brand its production structure as WWE ThunderDome.

WWE’s ThunderDome will feature a state-of-the-art set, video boards, pyro, lasers, graphics, and drone cameras. In addition, they are working with The Famous Group to include fans in a virtual setting at the shows with fans able to register for inclusion.

The virtual fanbase technology will be utilized on all episodes of Friday Night SmackDown, Monday Night Raw, and pay-per-views beginning this Friday when the company enters its residency at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.

NXT will continue to run at Full Sail University, including this Saturday’s TakeOver: XXX event.

WWE’s Chief Marketing & Communications Officer Brian Flinn:

As WWE takes residency at the world-class Amway Center, we have reimagined our live event experience for today’s environment. In partnership with The Famous Group, we will virtually bring our fans back into the show and recreate the interactive in-arena atmosphere that has been a staple of WWE events for decades.

The company included the following schedule for the rest of the month:

Friday, August 21: Friday Night SmackDown at the Amway Center at 8 pm Eastern

Saturday, August 22: NXT TakeOver: XXX at Full Sail University at 7 pm

Sunday, August 23: WWE SummerSlam at the Amway Center at 7 pm

Monday, August 24: Monday Night Raw at the Amway Center at 8 pm

Wednesday, August 26: NXT at Full Sail University at 8 pm

Friday, August 28: Friday Night SmackDown at the Amway Center at 8 pm

Sunday, August 30: WWE Payback at the Amway Center at 7 pm

Monday, August 31:
Monday Night Raw at the Amway Center at 8 pm

And in 5 years, they will be making Titanic and Independence Day references.

This is one area AEW does a much better job then WWE, specifically I’m referring to post pandemic presentation. While it’s all inferior to having fans, AEW creates an environment that feels closer to what we used to have.

Hopefully this gives WWE a similar feel to AEW as I am so sick of the look of the performance Center.

Does anyone think we’ll see WWE superfans…Green shirt guy, Squared Circle guy, Brock Lesnar guy, Long hair guy, among others who always somehow get those same seats in the front row, every time.

You can have your Izzy, your shocked WM30 guy and that ECW dude who looks like Jim Martin from Faith No More, this lady from WrestleMania VII is the GOAT.

source

Can’t wait to see Kevin Dunn’s directing when he’s using multiple drones!

You talking about Simon? He and his mom (I from what I have read) are at a ton of shows.

1 Like

This really has nothing to do with this, but every time I see Izzy I feel SUPER OLD. It feels like she was like 8 years old just yesterday. Time flies by quick.

hahaha Ill never forget that, Randy/Elizabeth reunion. Wasn’t there also a kid with a shower cap on in the shot directly after her? This show is the first Colosseum Video I ever bought.

The NBA has done a good job with the virtual fans

I just made a post about this the other week. Can WWE or AEW take any ideas from other sports without fans?

It seemed like most people were against virtual fans and video boards. So I guess we will see if WWE can change anybody’s mind and make it work.

It is very good news, I’m really looking forward to seeing all of that fancy stuff. But, if WWE does crap storylines, you can present crap however you want, it will still be crap.

It sounds interesting what they are doing however unfortunately, WWE have proven to me that they can ruin something rather easily so I’ll have to reserve judgement to after a few weeks.

1 Like

That guys great! I used to play “Where’s Simon?” At all the major shows. He seems like a cool guy.

1 Like

They really are die hards.

Off the top of my head I can think of Green Shirt Guy, Simon & his Mom, collar elbow buy (guy between green shift & Simon), Brock Lesnar Guy, Mets Jersey Guy, This older couple (I’ve seen them for over a decade) and flag guy. There are a few others, but they are not there as often as the above.

Also, sign guy, though he’s not usually in that front.

Vlad the superfan is the original though, I remember as a kid he was at every major WWF show:

1 Like