WWE confirms positive COVID-19 case within the company

It was a close call, but once again, Vince McMahon managed to be a bigger sleaze ball than Dana White.

1 Like

Not that it absolves WWE in the slightest, but at what point do USA or Fox decide that this is making them look bad too?

4 Likes

It could be USA and/or Fox making them go live.

1 Like

Which if the case is equally as insane.

However, Iā€™m certain that neither network is forcing any other shows to go into production. Itā€™s almost like most shows have unions representing the talent involvedā€¦

For sure. AEW and Impact are being way more careful but the risk still seems pretty unnecessary.

Also Impactā€¦ WHY?? Like do they think new empty arena shows are going to draw more than just throwing up a best of AJ Styles or X Division? Donā€™t they have a streaming service to promote?

1 Like

The other thing about the Impact tapings, is that they were in Nashville. I have to imagine that many Canadian talent on the roster and behind the scenes personnel, probably didnā€™t make them.

Itā€™s a Canadian-owned company, which makes this even stranger.

1 Like

RoH should be recognized as a pioneer in this empty arena trend. They were doing it a year ago at this timeā€‹:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I heard about this too. He sounds nuts just like Vince.

To be fair, the 3 tapings a week from a talent perspective is three different crews. Iā€™d rather them keep those crews apart and film 3 days a week opposed to bringing all three in at the same time. Of course not taping at all would be the ideal handling of this. From a fan perspective, having no wrestling for a couple months would be awesome on many levels. Would remind me of when I was a kid and couldnā€™t wait for the next PPV since there were only 4 a year.

With that said, if all these companies insist on taping shows, they really should be bulk taping right now. I would go as far as to suggesting taping anywhere from 1 to 2 months worth of shows at once (or over a few days). Does anyone know where AEW is taping? I seem to read everywhere about WWE taping in Florida, but I havenā€™t read anything definitive about which state is allowing AEW to tape, only some rumors about Florida and Georgia.

1 Like