WWE confirms WrestleMania Week events in Philadelphia

Originally published at WWE confirms WrestleMania Week events in Philadelphia

WWE has confirmed multiple events during WrestleMania Week at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

The company has confirmed that the Wells Fargo Center will host Friday Night SmackDown & Hall of Fame, NXT Stand & Deliver, and Monday Night Raw over WrestleMania Weekend.

For the second year in a row, the Hall of Fame ceremony will be combined with SmackDown and air immediately after the live show.

WrestleMania 40 takes place on Saturday, April 6, and Sunday, April 6 at Lincoln Financial Field in the city and will be the fifth year in a row that WrestleMania has been spread over two nights. The company has touted that over 90,000 tickets have been sold over the two-night event.

The press release includes information for the pre-sale for all three events at the Wells Fargo Center and general on-sale information.

No clue yet if I’m attending any of these with the people with whom I’m seeing WrestleMania. I definitely don’t mind staying home for Smackdown and Raw, and I already saw a heck of a Takeover in this arena in 2018. I’m mainly waiting for a Supercard of Honor announcement. The press release has the most scant details about a fan event, which depending on the admission and other prices will be a go or no-go for me.

I really believe the Hall of Fame should have its own night and if it makes it move to later in the year, maybe Summerslam weekend, I definitely not be against it. I feel it really has lost some of its aura when it comes after Smackdown on the Friday.

2 Likes

100% agree. Pairing it with Summerslam would only enhance SS weekend, and do nothing to hurt WM weekend.

2 Likes