WWE creative teams merged, Bruce Prichard will lead, Paul Heyman will focus on his on-screen role

Originally published at WWE creative teams merged, Bruce Prichard will lead, Paul Heyman will focus on his on-screen role - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

WWE made the announcement that as of June 11th, both RAW and SmackDown creative teams have been merged into one and leading those teams going forward will be Bruce Prichard. As for Paul Heyman, Heyman is no longer the Executive Director of RAW and he’ll be focusing solely on his on-screen role in WWE. The following statement was a part of WWE’s announcement:

“In an effort to streamline our creative writing process for television, we have consolidated both teams from Raw and SmackDown into one group, led by Bruce Prichard. Paul Heyman will concentrate on his role as an in-ring performer.”

In an effort to streamline our creative writing process for television, we have consolidated both teams from Raw and SmackDown into one group, led by Bruce Prichard. Paul Heyman will concentrate on his role as an in-ring performer. https://t.co/KOahV2sO5q

— WWE (@WWE) June 11, 2020

Paul Heyman was appointed the Executive Director of RAW in the Summer of 2019. Heyman was assigned the job along with Eric Bischoff who was named the Executive Director of SmackDown. In February of 2019, it was reported by PWInsider and soon confirmed by WWE that Prichard was heading back to the WWE for a full-time creative role.

Once Bischoff was fired from his position, Prichard filled in and took on the role. As more information about this news becomes available, POST Wrestling will either update this article or publish a new one.

So unhappy about this. What I love about raw versus smackdown is the focus on young talent and the focus on managers on raw with Zelina Vega and MVP. Smackdown has been stagnant with Pritchard. This is a HUGE mistake.

We knew it wouldn’t last. Unfortunately, it means that there will be a lot less diversity in the upper mid card now

2 Likes

Ill see how it plays out, but I dont like this.

I love Bruce Prichard’s podcast with Conrad, but his creative has kind of been shitty. SmackDown has been the crabbiest live show WWE producers since moving to Fox. I don’t know if this is a bad sign, but it might be.

Not a fan of Bruce, but willing to see how this will play out over the next month.

I don’t watch either show and will continue to not do so.

5 Likes