WWE filming documentary about The Nexus

Originally published at WWE filming documentary about The Nexus

Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Darren Young, Ryback, Michael Tarver, PJ Black, Heath Slater and David Otunga were the original members of The Nexus that started in WWE in June of 2010. The group burst onto WWE programming and along the way, won three tag team titles and had a former WWE Champion in CM Punk as a part of the group from December 2010 to July 2011.

WWE is in the process of filming a documentary about The Nexus, as revealed by Fred Rosser.

Today, I proudly wore my New Japan track jacket during the filming of @WWEā€™s Network Docs: Untold Nexus because I wanted to represent the best hour of pure professional wrestling on the planet #NJPWStrong @njpwworld šŸ’Æ @njpw1972 @njpwglobal @NJPWofAmerica #blockthehate #wwenexus pic.twitter.com/6UGobTD5yd

ā€” nodaysoff FRED ROSSER III (@realfredrosser) May 4, 2021

At the 2010 SummerSlam pay-per-view, The Nexus met John Cena, John Morrison, R-Truth, Bret Hart, Edge, Chris Jericho and Daniel Bryan who made up Team WWE in a 7-on-7 elimination match.

There have been a multitude of stories that have came out over the years about the finish to the match, with former members of The Nexus and their opponents on that SummerSlam night feeling that the group should have won.

There is no official date on when this documentary will be released but as more information becomes public, we will update you here on POST Wrestling.

I wonder if the new Nexus and Punk will be featured.

Patiently waiting for The Corre documentary.

4 Likes

So, Iā€™m just gonna assume it becomes a minor chapter in the upcoming John Cena documentary?

1 Like

Waiting for the 4 hour deep dive on the greatest stable of them all: THE SOCIAL OUTCASTS!

2 Likes