WWE has been deemed an "essential business' within Florida

Originally published at WWE has been deemed an "essential business' within Florida

Orange County, Florida Mayor Jerry L. Demings has provided additional insight into WWE’s ability to move forward with shows within the state.

When asked about the company’s ability to run, Demings indicated that after initially being deemed ‘non-essential’, that was reversed following conversations with Governor Ron DeSantis’ office:

I think initially there was a review that was done, and they were not initially deemed an ‘essential business’. With some conversation with the Governor’s office regarding the Governor’s order they were deemed an ‘essential business’ and so, therefore, they were allowed to remain open.

Footage of @OCFLMayor‘s statement on WWE running live TV tapings within the county right now: pic.twitter.com/6HVJr2TxcO

— Harry (@harryaaron) April 13, 2020

WWE has been running empty arena shows at the WWE Performance Center and Full Sail University over the past month. On Friday, it was reported they would be proceeding with live programming with Raw, NXT, and Friday Night SmackDown on a weekly basis.

WWE has also confirmed their first positive case for COVID-19 with an on-air talent, who’s identity has not been released publicly. WWE issued the following statement over the weekend:

A WWE employee has tested positive for COVID-19. We believe this matter is low risk to WWE talent and staff, as the individual and a roommate became symptomatic in the days following exposure to two people working in acute health care on the evening of March 26, after WWE’s TV production on a closed set was already complete. The employee had no contact with anyone from WWE since being exposed to those two individuals, is doing well, and made a complete recovery.

This is fucking insane.
Absolutely disgusting on so many levels.

The talent is being forced multiple times a week to work through a global pandemic.

Fuck this company.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Florida Man believes pro wrestling is an essential business. This doesn’t help with the stereotype of wrestling fans and people from Florida.

2 Likes

I think @MarkP has identified the issue above

4 Likes

Pardon my language, but this is fucking asanine.

2 Likes

It’s just incredible that WWE has managed to top getting into business with the Saudi Arabian government… They are literally bribing their own government, to allow them to continue running their business during a pandemic, and putting countless of their own employees (and circle of friends and family, and general public) health at risk. They are prolonging this pandemic as a result and helping spread the virus.

Seriously, fuck this company.

4 Likes

This company is gross.

2 Likes

Was this a secret?

3 Likes

No but to be Honest I didn’t have time to keep up today with why and his reason seems to make perfect sense. It’s sad but I guess that’s how the world works

2 Likes

Sry! Didn’t mean to be snarky. I meant it like obviously there’s a wink wink handshake deal in place. I have zero doubt Dana White was gassed up as well to hold events. The two share such close ties to WWE HOFer turned President for there not to be some kind of motive there.

1 Like

We know that The UFC will try something with Florida but what about Bellator, I know that they cancelled their last 3 events but they may need their DAZN money, it’s also like they don’t have to sell tickets either.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if a boxing card comes from Florida either, no superstars but I’m sure a Network starved for content would except a card with named Boxers

Wrestling is essential and the first thing people panic buy is toilet paper. I think common sense is lost forever.

2 Likes

@PJ-River Don’t look at the stock market

I’m your opposite, I’m absolutely rubbish with anything around economics, shares or stock markets. If I were to look at it, I wouldn’t understand it.

That was my point! Nobody understands it!!!

I was making the joke because common sense is lost forever!

What is up is down and right is left in 2020. There is definitely a list of things to be made about all the backwardness of 2020.

1 Like