WWE Hell In A Cell 2018 POST Show with John Pollock & Wai Ting

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/09/17/wwe-hell-in-a-cell-post-show-with-john-pollock-wai-ting/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

It’s the WWE Hell In A Cell POST Show with John Pollock & Wai Ting reviewing the entire card from San Antonio, Texas.

The show featured two Hell in a Cell matches with Roman Reigns defending the Universal title against Braun Strowman with Mick Foley as the special referee and an appearance by Brock Lesnar to close the show. Plus, Randy Orton took on Jeff Hardy with the assistance of a screwdriver for Orton’s offensive attack.

Plus, the latest match between AJ Styles & Samoa Joe, Ronda Rousey’s performance against Alexa Bliss, a great Raw tag title, Becky Lynch wins the SmackDown women’s title & more notes from the show and news from the weekend.

For those that are “Double Double” and higher members of the POST Wrestling Café, we have the video version of the POST Show that is available at this link.

Plus, your Café feedback to the show from the POST Wrestling Forum.

Subscribe to POST Wrestling
iTunes & iOS | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss this show at the POST Wrestling Forum
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support our Patreon - The POST Wrestling Café
http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

Follow us
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

Good to great PPV especially with the lower match number.

I have HUGE issues with the main event. People have every right to be livid if they are into this for story reasons.

Braun is a monster who has been booked to the moon over the last year. In what world does he stay down for so long during this match? This is a man who ate endless finishers and then pinned 6 men in elimination chamber. This is a man who ate 3 F5’s through tables and that only took him out of a match for a couple minutes. How can we possibly suspend disbelief here to say that Roman knocked him out for ages and that he couldn’t continue post Brock beatdown to where the ref throws the match out?

The only way you save this story is if on Raw that actively call out this ref for ruining the PPV main event.

John and Wai also point out how Roman and Braun just lie there for several minutes so focus can be spent on other things. I completely agree with this and it makes these wrestlers look SUPER WEAK. I had similar concerns with the Ziggler/Seth iron man match not long ago when there was something like 6 pins in the span of ~12 minutes. These things absolutely wreck a performers credibility and I still don’t see Seth anywhere on the level where I saw him back during the gauntlet match because of his iron man match with Ziggler. The Roman/Braun stuff at least wasn’t as bad since these aren’t pinfalls but its funny to think that Ellsworth could have run into the cell and scored about 40 pinfalls on both men during this match. Good thing no one else had the money in the bank.

1 Like

Glad that I can rely on you guys to keep me up to date on the WWE. With the excitement of football season just starting here in America, I’ve having a hard time keeping focused on WWE. I had the show on yesterday, but it just was kind of like background noise and was hard to pay close attention after spending the day watching football.

Brock coming back was definitely surprising. He looks really lean and mean. His payday for the Saudi Arabia show must be huge.

I guess I was the only one fooled by the Jeff Hardy fall spot. I thought it looked like his head hit the side of the table when he came down instead of landing on it straight and he was at the very least knocked out.