WWE issues a statement regarding allegations against Jordan Devlin

I’m honestly surprised it took this long for the dam to burst. Two years ago, I was sure wrestling would follow the Me Too movement and clean it’s own house.

But, wrasslin’ is always a step or two behind the times, I guess. I also think that the fact that we’re still in a pandemic has amplified the anger frustration that these victims feel & it’s ALL coming out now (except for Vince’s dirt…We might never hear about that)! :100:

3 Likes

This Matt Riddle stuff is the most questionable in my opinion. Not because of the “timing” but there seems to be some recent history between the two where she’s been allegedly harassing Riddle. As far as the allegation, she says he choked her and said “What if I make you?” which is horrifying but she initially said that she didn’t realise at the time that what he did was wrong and ended it by say it was humiliating… Which in my opinion is confusing as it seems pretty obvious that if it happened then it’s quite clearly wrong and if, at the time, you didn’t think it was wrong then why would you have felt humiliated…?

Maybe she didn’t word it correctly and maybe he did those things. Hopefully the truth wins out, whatever it might be.

Damn autocorrect.

I have alot of cases to read about when I have the time. So much is happening so fast.

Why are people only speaking up now ? People always wait for someone to speak up first. Why not be the first?

Strength in numbers. Most people simply aren’t very courageous. Especially those who have suffered abuse.

3 Likes

Alleged is missing from that statement.

Nope it isn’t, when talking about why people aren’t all the first to come forward, or don’t come out right away I am referring to those who actually have suffered abuse.

2 Likes

Devin is denying the allegations