WWE officially announces Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes for WrestleMania 39

Originally published at WWE officially announces Roman Reigns vs. Cody Rhodes for WrestleMania 39

A headliner for WrestleMania 39 is official. 

The winner of the 2023 men’s Royal Rumble match was Cody Rhodes. Rhodes kicked off the 1/30 episode of Monday Night Raw and made his intentions clear which is that he is coming after Roman Reigns’ Undisputed WWE Universal Championship. 

Following Cody’s appearance, WWE made it official that Reigns and Rhodes are scheduled to clash at WrestleMania. 

REIGNS. RHODES. WRESTLEMANIA.

Can @CodyRhodes dethrone @WWERomanReigns this April at #WrestleMania or will the Head of the Table reign supreme? pic.twitter.com/TuTzUCgBtc

— WWE (@WWE) January 31, 2023

During Rhodes’ opening segment, he was confronted by The Judgment Day (Dominik Mysterio, Finn Balor & Damian Priest). After a back and forth exchange between the two parties, Edge ambushed The Judgment Day and received help from Rhodes. 

Cody is going to be facing Balor in singles competition on tonight’s show. 

1 Like

Don’t worry my fellow Zayniacs, WWE also oFfiCiAlLy announced Orton vs Batista for Wrestlemania XXX and we all know how that ended :saluting_face::saluting_face::saluting_face:

Zayn will get his match in Montreal, then main event Night 1 of WrestleMania alongside Kevin Owens.

This crowd at Raw did not sound like one rebelling against Cody in favor of Sami.

Those rebellious fans that used to do that when Daniel Bryan was being screwed are probably watching AEW now.

1 Like

Anybody who honestly believes that Sami is getting “held down“ right now in the way that Daniel Bryan was needs to grow up. DB jobbed to Bray Wyatt at the 2014 Rumble, Zayn is the focus of the best main event angle in WWE since like Hogan/Savage at WM5.

The world title isn’t real, and there is more than one way to skin a cat.

1 Like

“The world title isn’t real”

I think it’s time you pack your bags and let yourself out. Wrestling is life! :wink:

2 Likes

“It’s real to me dammit” :joy:

2 Likes

“If you’re not in the industry to be the world champion, you got no business being in it.” --Steve Austin

1 Like

“Well we’re in different businesses, pal, because I’m in the entertainment business.” - VKM