WWE Raw notes: Rollins crashes Rhodes' title match, Steel Cage bout on 5/16, RK-Bro

Originally published at WWE Raw notes: Rollins crashes Rhodes' title match, Steel Cage bout on 5/16, RK-Bro

Cody Rhodes had the opportunity to challenge Theory for the United States Championship on the 5/9 Monday Night Raw. Seth Rollins, who Rhodes defeated at WrestleMania Backlash, interfered in the bout and ambushed Rhodes.

😱😱😱@WWERollins has lost it! #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/Hv1gHAxwX8

— WWE (@WWE) May 10, 2022

The duo of Damian Priest and Edge gained a new member at WrestleMania Backlash when Rhea Ripley assisted Edge in defeating AJ Styles. On tonight’s Raw, Ripley explained why she joined ‘The Judgement Day’. Rhea would go on to defeat Liv Morgan in singles competition and she has a new theme song.

Immediately following that, Damian Priest and Finn Balor went one-on-one, but Edge speared Balor to put an end to the match. The Judgement Day member then beat down Balor and AJ. Edge also sported a new haircut.

🚨 NEW HAIRCUT ALERT 🚨@EdgeRatedR #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/VuQmZ9pto1

"I am DONE signing autographs at the airport for all tthe little kids who come running up to me saying they want to be just like me when they grow up. The next day, I go online and I see those same autographs being sold on eBay. I'm DONE being used."@RheaRipley_WWE#WWERaw pic.twitter.com/is4TrFKb5Q

👀👀👀@EdgeRatedR @ArcherofInfamy #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/osgYWs4iWC

To open the show, Raw Tag Team Champions RK-Bro (Riddle & Randy Orton) stated that they will be appearing on this week’s SmackDown to approach Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns about taking on The Usos (Jey & Jimmy Uso) in a tag title unification match. Shortly after, Riddle and Orton successfully defended their titles against The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins).

😲😲😲😲😲
😲😲😲😲😲
😲😲😲😲😲#RKBro outta nowhere!!!@SuperKingofBros #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/sf4rgy9Sh2

Scheduled for next week’s Raw is a Steel Cage match between Omos and Bobby Lashley. Their match series is tied at 1-1, with Omos picking up the most recent victory.

There was a singles match between Ciampa and Mustafa Ali. The Miz was the special guest referee and Miz fast counted Ali so Ciampa could get the victory.

In the main event, Raw Women’s Champion Bianca Belair went one-on-one with Asuka. The match was thrown out when Becky Lynch attacked Bianca.

Veer’s winning streak continued when he defeated independent talent Rex Lawless, who was recognized on-screen as ‘Frank Loman’.

Who is @VeerMahaan's opponent on #WWERaw?

Wrong answers only. pic.twitter.com/PK4yhpKJqk

As of this writing, POST Wrestling’s John Pollock and Wai Ting are live with their recording of Rewind-A-Raw and to watch their review, click here.