WWE Raw notes: Roman Reigns scheduled for 7/8 SmackDown, Ric Flair, Brian Windhorst-Miz

Originally published at WWE Raw notes: Roman Reigns scheduled for 7/8 SmackDown, Ric Flair, Brian Windhorst-Miz

Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns is scheduled to appear on the July 8th Friday Night SmackDown ahead of defending his titles against Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam.

WWE added Ric Flair’s ‘Woo’ back to their signature intro. Flair reacted to being back in the intro:

The Most Hurtful Moment In My ENTIRE Career Was Losing My Spot. Thank You So Much For Giving Me Back My Dignity & My Life! @WWE @VinceMcMahon #WWERaw

— Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) July 5, 2022

SmackDown Women’s Champion Liv Morgan and Raw Women’s Champion Bianca Belair tagged with one another on the show and they defeated Natalya and Carmella.

👏👏👏👏👏@YaOnlyLivvOnce @BiancaBelairWWE #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/zQD7cHN7i5

— WWE (@WWE) July 5, 2022

San Diego, California played host to Raw. Rey and Dominik Mysterio were the hometown team as they took on Finn Balor and Damian Priest. The Mysterios got the victory when Priest tossed a chair in the ring to Balor and when the referee had his back turned, Rey dropped to the mat as if Balor hit him with the chair. Rey and Dominik got the win via disqualification.

CLASSIC!!!@reymysterio #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/rcn5wwuOLH

— WWE (@WWE) July 5, 2022

ESPN analyst Brian Windhorst reacted to The Miz mimicking a meme of him that went viral on social media last week.

Look, Miz and I go way back pic.twitter.com/ut1vmMHA4Y

— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) July 5, 2022

In the main event of the program, Becky Lynch pinned Asuka in a No Holds Barred match.

After AJ Styles scored a win over The Miz, he was ambushed by Ciampa. Miz and Ciampa then confirmed that they are working together.

Raw lead announcer Jimmy Smith is on vacation so joining Corey Graves and Byron Saxton at the commentary desk was Kevin Patrick, who is a backstage correspondent, host of Raw Talk and ‘Main Event’ commentator.