WWE reveals Drew McIntyre has tested positive for COVID-19

Originally published at WWE reveals Drew McIntyre has tested positive for COVID-19

WWE Champion Drew McIntyre (Drew Galloway) has tested positive for COVID-19 with the company making the news public and stating the performer is in quarantine.

McIntyre, 35, was scheduled to face Randy Orton in a non-title match tonight and respond to Bill Goldberg’s challenge for the Royal Rumble.

No additional details were shared by WWE beyond the following statement on their website:

Drew McIntyre has tested positive for COVID-19 and has been placed in quarantine.

Yikes. Hope he gets better.

Fightful has stated there’s been a string of new COVID cases coming out of the holidays affecting WWE, AEW, and Impact. I know Thunder Rosa is off Dynamite because of coming into contact with someone positive.

Wonder if he got it before or after “legends night”. Seems even more irresponsible now for WWE to trot out the vulnerable old timers for a short term rating spike. Even more so since the legends didn’t even do anything other than just stand around.

Hope Drew recovers fully ASAP.

From a human point of view, hope he recovers from it soon. From a wrestling point of view, does this make Goldberg winning the title more likely or do they go a different direction?

Let’s hope Goldberg doesn’t have it too. They were in close contact

Royal Rumble is still 3 weeks away. Assuming McIntyre is able to recover (and there’s no reason not to believe he will) he will be past the quarantine period and be able to perform at RR and keep the title.

The feud will probably be better if both are limited to 2-3 pre-recorded videos showing on Raw anyway.

Anything to get out of a match with old man botchberg

Hey @Rated_R_Poster, since you’re the new sheriff around here to defend helpless wrestlers from criticism (on the Internet… perish the thought!), I wanted to make sure you didn’t miss this one.

Hey @RocketKing, since you want to act like some of the other clowns around here, I wanted to make sure you know, that I’ve only spoken the facts to people who cant read or to people who think others medical information, is any of their business.

Saying that you have been tested positive for COVID-19 seems to be the trend.

I mean, it’s ignorant for WWE to withhold all knowledge of such things occurring when they did, but it seems like that it’s fashionable for something that’s deadly. It’s no joke.

If it was me, I’d just lock myself in a room and stay in bed.

They aren’t allowed to release medical information about their performers unless the performers authorize it.

AEW didn’t say anything about Nick or Jericho either.

All right, so I got some facts wrong. Shit happens.

Tell me something, has there been a case where a pro wrestler died of COVID-19 that is reported? I’ve heard reports everywhere, but no fatalities.