WWE reveals list of new recruits to the WWE Performance Center

In terms of being watchable, NXT is the last show that needs to change. Raw & SmackDown are their mainstream shows, and Dynamite is AEW’s version of those mainstream shows. NXT doesn’t need to be that. Would they do better in the ratings? Yes, they would but I’d much rather we didn’t have 4 shows with the same formula.

I don’t think WWE are that desperate with NXT ratings though, thankfully. If they were they’d actually promote it more on the only wrestling shows that get over a million views and they’d move some more names that they’re not doing anything with on to there.

Having this discussion because WWE signed more people doesn’t make sense either. Wrestlers wanting to sign for WWE, even when they know they might be on the third brand shows how strong WWE’s pull is. It’s not a sign of “OMG wrestlers don’t want to sign because they don’t want to be on NXT, they need to completely reform that show”.

Less a different formula more presenting bigger known stars in the NXT format.

Do you mean the move which won them “WON Awards Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic Award?”

See I just don’t see it being a problem. I know some fans don’t like it, but at the end of the day is it a “huge problem” when everyone is happy with NXT outside of a very small vocal minority? I don’t think so.

1 Like

Everyone is happy with NXT, because it’s a great show. Its a great show, because they take already great performers from the indies and leave them there for years. That should not be what NXT is for. There is a reason that there are no stars in WWE and that most of these call ups, end up as midcard guys and it isn’t all on Vince being out of touch. Part of the reason is NXT not being used proper.

2 Likes

I disagree, if guys like Keith Lee, Matt Riddle etc. were booked like stars from the moment they were brought up, they would be stars.

Again, WWE management is happy with NXT, performers love being on NXT, fans love the product. I fail to see how it’s a “problem” because a small handful of fans are mad about the way NXT is presented and disagree with what it’s “proper” use is.

1 Like

If it’s developmental then why on earth are Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly still down there developing? What else do they have to “learn”?

It was a third brand when they tried to hinder AEW’s development. When that didn’t work (it’s a marathon, not a race) it became developmental again.

AEW is destroying WWE in pushing and highlighting talent in their 20s. By the time a talent makes it to the main roster they are almost always in their late-30s. It’s a big reason why the NXT and WWE audience is so old. They waste too much time “developing” guys who most times turn out to be mid carders

1 Like

This is an extremely weird discussion about how NXT shouldn’t be allowed to have experienced wrestlers on it… I thought we established months ago that it’s half and half rather than it being fully developmental or fully a main roster brand.

What’s even the complaint here? That NXT are doing too much for what you think is a developmental brand? Oh no, how dare they.

1 Like

All of AEW’s talent barring Moxley & Jericho would be mid carders in WWE. And rightly so (although it should also include Moxley and Jericho who have always been massively overrated).

Being a big fish in a small pond isn’t that impressive. When you’re on WWE main roster, you’re competing with a lot of talent and a lot of big names.

Truthfully, I don’t think this conversation takes place if NXT was still on the network. I think it pisses some AEW fans off that NXT is hindering them from getting to that next level and that is NOT a shot at AEW as I am incredibly impressed with what they have accomplished in the last two years, I have never seen a new promotion so what they have done.

I don’t know about that, sure with Vince you never know, but I think Kenny could easily be a main event player in WWE. I see him at a very similar level (But younger) as AJ and he has done just fine I’m WWE. I also think that MJF would thrive in WWE, I feel like Vince would love his promos, and I think that one day that will happen and he will become a huge star. Guy is the future.

2 Likes

Don’t agree with that. Not to say Vince wouldn’t throw the title on MJF but I don’t think he’d ever make it big. He reminds me of the Miz in that way. Good on the mic but not in a way that makes me take him seriously as a big deal. As for Omega, he comes across as a guy desperately trying to be cool rather than a guy who is cool. He’s a goofball by nature.

I guess it depends on what you define as “big”. Do I think MJF would be Austin or Rock big? No. Do I think he could be AJ Or Jericho big, I do.

As far as Omega goes, I think you’re on an island. You’re entitled to like/dislike anyone you want, and maybe he doesn’t do it for you which is cool, but the guy is over and has a huge following. I have no doubt that he would be a star in WWE if Vince let him.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about Omega having a “huge following”.

People underestimate the gap between being a WWE wrestler and not being a WWE wrestler which makes them overestimate the star power someone who isn’t a WWE wrestler, and has never been a WWE wrestler, actually has. To follow on from a point made previously, Omega has less than half a million followers on twitter whereas Cesaro has over 1.5 million. That doesn’t shout to me that Omega has a huge following worthy of being taken seriously.

Omega does little for me but tough to say he’s not a big deal inside the bubble at least. MJF would be really good in the E with those promos, no doubt. Every chance E… Li… Drake can do well with his promos, looking forward to seeing how he gets on

1 Like