WWE SSD @ MCG & Aussie Indy Wrestling

Updated: Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018

So as many of you may be aware prior to WWE Hell In A Cell the card for WWE Super Show-Down was already set due to social media announcements:

Gates Open: From 4:30pm AEST :australia: (2:30am Toronto :canada:)
Pre-Show: From 6:30pm AEST :australia: (4:30am Toronto :canada:)
Main Event (Live Broadcast): From 7:00pm AEST :australia: (5:00am Toronto :canada:)
Show Ends: 11:00pm AEST :australia: (9:00am Toronto :canada:)
^ All event times & match card are subject to change.

1. The Undertaker (w/ Kane) vs. Triple H. (w/ Shaun Michaels)
  2. John Cena and Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens and Elias.
  3. Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz.
    ^ "Singles match to determine the #1 contender for the WWE Championship"
  4. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) vs. The Dogs Of War (Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre).
  5. Ronda Rousey and The Bella Twins (Nikki Bella and Brie Bella) vs. The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan).
  6. AJ Styles © vs. Samoa Joe .
    ^ " No Count-out, No Disqualification match for the WWE Championship"
  7. Cedric Alexander © vs. Buddy Murphy.
    ^ "Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship"
  8. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and/or Xavier Woods) © vs.The Bar (Cesaro and Sheamus).
    ^ " Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship"
  9. Asuka and Naomi vs. The IIconics (Billie Kay & Peyton Royce).
  10. Becky Lynch © vs. Charlotte Flair.
    ^ “Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship”

For those who are going to be in Melbourne their is also two local shows running that weekend.

1. Slex © vs. Adam Brooks for the MCW Intercommonwealth Championship.
  2. Gino Gambino © vs. Robbie Eagles for the MCW Heavyweight Championship.
  3. Dowie James vs. Lochy Hendricks.
  4. Kelly Anne vs. Avary.
  5. The Untouchables (Damian Slater & Marcius Pitt) vs. The Natural Classics (Tome Filip & Stevie Filip.
  6. Indy Hartwell vs. Shazza McKenzie.
  7. Caveman Ugg vs. Jonah Rock.
  8. The Brat Pack (Mitch Waterman & Nick Bury) © vs. Men For Hire (Campbell Crawford & Jake Lindo w/ Hawko) vs. Helter Skelter (Jake Andrewartha & Ali w/ Julian James) vs. Fun Time Trouble (Mike Burr & Fun Time Phil) in a 4-way elimination tag team match for the MCW Tag Team Championship.
  9. Mikey Broderick VS. JXT vs. Marcus Kool.
  1. The band will be THE MILLIONAIRES CLUB.
  2. CK Dowie vs. Cave Man Ugg in the first ever “Cat Walk Match” with the Sheriff KrackerJak as guest referee.
  3. Robbie Eagles vs. Stevie Filip.
  4. Fun Time Phil © vs. Marcus Muffinov for the WrestleRock Championship.
  5. WrestleBrunch All-Stars (Cletus Blood, Mad Dog McCrea & Campbell Anderson) vs. The Lover Brats (Mitch Waterman, Nick Bury & Lochy Hendricks).
  6. Alan Payne vs. Jake Lindo

Both events will be uploaded onto MCW Encore on both their Vimeo & Pivotshare video on demand services within 10-15 days.

Finally I notice their are a lot of Aussie’s & Kiwi’s who either leave feedback or listen to John, Wai, and the rest of the POST Wrestling family, so if anyone is in Melbourne and would like to meet up just leave a comment below.

For myself I’ll be attending “Melbourne City Wrestling’s New Horizons”, “WrestleRock presents WrestleBrunch”, & “WWE Super Show-Down”.

2 Likes

Any idea on how tickets sales are going for the super show down Chris? I just tried to purchase 10 front row tickets and I was able to straight away, there seems like their is an awful lot of tickets left hopefully they get a big walk up on the day.

1 Like

General consensus among the Australian Fans online are that the tickets are overpriced for what we are receiving.

However in terms of sales I have not herd anything official. I seen Dave Meltzer say on Twitter “The WWE are using 70,000 as a number which means they are hoping for 60,000”. Given the weather forecast is rain and 18c I think they’ll be lucky to get 60,000.

MCG Transformation update:
A) Last Saturday during the AFL Grand Final.
unnamed

B) Yesturday during construction of the canopy and stage.

2 Likes

Merchandise prices for those wondering:
All in Australlian Dollars / AU$

• $10.00 Drink can cooler.
  • $20.00 Program.
  • $30.00 Stuffed toy “Lucha Koala”.
  • $40.00 Cap / Hat.
  • $50.00 WWE branded football.
  • $55.00 WWE offical T-shirt.
  • $120.00 Super Show-Down hoodie.
  • $140.00 Super Show-Down singlet (tank top).
  • $700.00 WWE replica championships.

FB_IMG_1538631335400 FB_IMG_1538631318066

2 Likes

I like your reporting! Have fun at the show Chris. Should be some stellar matches. I’m gonna give it a miss, but will be at MCW tomorrow (in a Kevin Steen shirt, should you spot me :stuck_out_tongue: )

Steen shirt you say? :thinking: We should catch up over a "Brutus Beefcake’s Tropical Vacation” Fruity Brut DIPA (beer).

1 Like

Handy transport map for close public transport stops near the MCG.

Last night, MCW New Horizons was amazing. Highly recommend checking out the show once it’s on MCW Encore.

Now at “WrestleRock” for “WrestleBrunch”. …

Bands playing live covers of classic WWF/WCW themes.

Crowd is packed in…

WRESTLEROCK’s #WrestleBrunch was amazing (all be it not PG) hopefully to make another show there…

…Now at the MCG with slightly obscured seats🤔 better then level 4 at least.

also in the members bar which is normally a big no-no. :rofl:

I would seriously rather go to that MCW show than watch the big screen at Super Show Down. Wrestling is an intimate thing.

1 Like

We are live from the MCG…

Once in a life time vs staying at home & watching WWE LIVE & MCW / WrestleRock on a 7 day delay? :thinking:

No thanks I’m happy :grin:

There’s one big important question I have from this show and that’s is a four’n twenty really worth all the hype?

Four N Twenty are okay…not the best pies. Was supprised they went with an American pie angle reather the using American AFL player Maroon Cox telling Naomi & Jimmy how good they are but hey it got a laugh so I guess it worked live??

1 Like