WWE states Hulk Hogan is not scheduled for any upcoming events

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/03/29/wwe-states-hulk-hogan-is-not-scheduled-for-any-upcoming-events/

Hulk Hogan is expected to attend a screening on Thursday night for the Andre the Giant documentary, which Hogan was interviewed for. Earlier this month, the company stated they have spoken with Hogan regarding helping others to learn from their mistakes while confirming that he was not under contract to WWE.

The WWE issued another statement on Thursday morning regarding Hogan’s attendance at the screening tonight and his relationship with the company:

Hulk Hogan is an important part of Andre the Giant’s history, however his appearance at tonight’s HBO premiere of the documentary and his plans to help others learn from his mistakes does not mean WWE is rehiring him. Hogan is not scheduled to be at any upcoming WWE events.

The documentary is a collaboration of Bill Simmons, HBO Sports, and the WWE and will be premiering on Tuesday, April 10th on HBO.

Feels like WWE will release a statement every other day trying to keep a little bit of distance between Hogan and themselves.

“Oh, no, Hulk Hogan isn’t scheduled for any live WWE events.” Hogan ends up being Braun Strowman’s mystery tag team partner at Wrestlemania.

1 Like

so he’ll be in the Silverdome in 2 weeks?

1 Like

Hogan even without the scandal or sex tape just needs to ride off into the sunset. WWE by parading out legends constantly is only showing they do not have the faith in their current roster or their characters and don’t think they can keep fans entertained.

Sure, it is nice to see Stone Cold, Hogan, but I’d prefer that be left for special occasions and I don’t want to see any legends in the ring unless they are doing an angle that involves more than one match and it doesn’t end in putting themselves over rather than someone on the current roster.

Some legends no doubt could still go, but they aren’t what they used to be and nostalgia just isn’t a big enough tool to keep me entertained. Goldberg, sure he proved he could still work at an old age but I just don’t like the idea of putting the strap on anyone part-time legend or otherwise.

1 Like

Maybe smart fans should actually support their current faves instead of actively sabotaging them by cheering for other wrestlers during their matches and maybe this company would actually have some faith in these current guys and not have to break out the old guys to patch the potholes.

2 Likes

What about Mr. America?

1 Like

He probably will be and keeping on cupping his ear and hearing crickets in return.

Wouldn’t be surprise if he’s going to be announce as the one Who’s induct hillbilly Jim in the hall of fame next week.

The thing is who is more attach to hillbilly Jim’s career then hulk Hogan. He’s the one that pretty much introducing him to the wwe fans in storylines, so it makes sense to bring him to induct him

1 Like

I’d find him returning to Wwe in any capacity to be a massive turn-off in every possible way.

Even the smarkiest of crowds who blame Hogan for every WCW/TNA mistake and say they hate him for being a politician would lose their collective shit when Real American hits.

I can honestly say I’d react with an eye roll. Even if I were able to put aside his views, I don’t think he has anything to add and doesn’t entertain me. I was sick of him long before the controversy.