WWE Super ShowDown: Bill Goldberg wins the Universal title

The thing is all of this fiend and Goldberg stuff is just being done so Reigns can be coronated (for the sixth time) at Mania.

He’s never going to be a top guy as a babyface. Ever. And they have decided to sacrifice Rollins, Bryan and now Fiend to get there again when everyone knows it isn’t going to work.

Thank god we have AEW around to provide some competition

Thing is, when Reigns came back, that was when they should have pushed him. Nobody was gonna boo him. But this never ending feud with Corbin has just dragged him down, and killed any goodwill.

He’s been the exact same character since 2014. Same look, same music, says the exact same things.

I don’t understand how anyone can think he will get a different reaction. This act isn’t a main event act.

1 Like

I agree that he has to update his character. Badly. But at least he’s not an over the hill part time, or a fat guy in a mask

He ain’t gonna be the face the way they book him for sure. Still I think with this match against Goldberg he’s having a better chance than all his other ones so far.

I still don’t care about him, though (or for WWE, for that matter - they’ve taught me well).

Actually, let me check who I CARE about on the main roster right now:

Shayna pops first, cause I like the way she carries herself (let’s see how long will this last)… aaaand I have to think for the rest.
Rusev - cause he’s a country mate.
KO used to be my favorite wrestler in the world but the storyline he’s in right now is… my God.
Daniel Bryan I like when I see and watch. Guy kills himself (for nothing). But he’s in that KO limbo too.

Jesus, the rest of this roster feels like a white spot… OTIS! OK, I like Otis. I am enjoying him while I can, doubt he’ll ever be a “top” talent, but he makes me laugh and enjoy his stuff (TUCKIEEE!!!).
Ah, love me some Asuka too - best promo on the main roster right now.

Jesus, where are the other positives here… I’ll put an asterisk on Murphy. See how long he’ll last.

Let’s check the rest at the top:

AJ Styles - geek.
Seth Rollins - insufferable.
Roman - meh.
New Day - pancakes. So stupid.
Fiend - ugh. Dead on arrival for me - I just can’t take him serious after the original Bray Wyatt debacle - was proven right last nigh, LMAO.
Viking Raiders - WWE did their best for them to feel like idiots (starting with the names debacle).
Aleister Black - Pick. A. Fight. With Me! Just can’t take him seriously after THE ROOM.
Drew - question mark. I don’t know. Not sure I actually like what he’s doing with his actual character right now. I mean, it came out of nowhere and it feels weird. Never been a huge fan of his, though. At least I find him believable as a badass.
Brock - I love him killing people. Can’t stand Heyman lately, though. Feels like I’m listening to the same promo from him every time. So boring.
Becky - big fan of her since NXT. Loved her initial rise. Now she’s just making me roll my eyes. WWE booking 101.
Sharlot - uuuuugh. When she opens her mouth for a promo I just… can’t… my ears…

Imma stop here, cause I’ve got carried away (skipping NXT cause of obvious reasons (TIER 3 BRAND, BABY!)).

1 Like

I am looking forwatd to the headline act for the 2030 Hall of fame.
Ladies and gentlemen you’re 2030 Hall of Fame inductees… ZACK RYDER and TITUS O NEIL.
No new stars in years no point getting invested in anyone. Whats the point if they are ultimately getting the Rusev treatment or the way Kofi was handled after The Fox debut show.
Dont give me crap about you cant build a face in 2020 because Cody, Mox, Darby all say hi.

3 Likes

They even have their own examples like Bryan, Sami in NXT was a SUUUPER HUGE babyface, even Gargano there for a while. They just can’t stop themselves from ruining them.

I think a big portion of their issues making a face is that WWE has conditioned us that on their product if you are not beating top guys right away you never will be. There is really no rise of the card, you get slotted into your spot and for the most part stay in that spot. This is why NXT guys fail so hard on the main roster (among some other reasons), they get portrayed like stars in NXT and then get slotted lower on the main roster with wonky gimmicks. If they portrayed NXT like actual developmental and had guys work their way up over time, then you would actually have stories and investment in the characters.

How do you know WM won’t involve a Roman heel turn? It might.

For everyone complaining keep this in mind:

1. WM likely will not be free on network this year. May cost 69 bucks

2. As it stood the card was Fiend vs Roman and Cena vs Elias

3. It’s now Fiend vs Cena and Goldberg vs Roman

4. Anyway you look at it, people are far more likely to pay for matches in point 3 than in point 2

It makes sense when you look at the big picture why they did this

I’m not arguing that point, that isn’t the big picture it is the small picture. This was done to set up a show next month at the long term expense of their current roster. I have no desire to see the matches in either 2 or 3, and the matches in 3 don’t require what happened yesterday to occur at all. So the premise is a false one set up through bad booking by WWE. Your argument is WWE cannot competently book, so I should give them credit for building a better wrestlemania card cause by their bad booking. As long as WM is dependent on legacy stars for interest it is a problem. Reigns vs Fiends should be more interesting than either match in 3. But they are incapable of telling stories and have made their current roster a lesser product, so it isn’t. They don’t get credit from be for being so bad at their job that the biggest stars in their company haven’t wrestled full time in what 5 years or so.

Mania won’t be on the network,what? Where are you getting this guff from? Next year is possible but no way it’s not on there in 2 months or so.

It’s not confirmed but Vince during conference call and Bryan Alvarez said yesterday he believes this to be the case with WM

Yes one day but never this year

He said first quarter on the call

Just realized we found the Fiends weakness. Guys who sell even less than he does.

I have no idea what you go on about at the best of times

Who cares about you?

Great comeback,I will be waiting for your next retort.

Bray is tweeting through it