WWE Survivor Series 2019 POST Show

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/24/live-link-for-tonights-wwe-survivor-series-2019-post-show-11pm-et/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

John Pollock & Wai Ting are joined by upNXT’s Braden Herrington & Davie Portman to review WWE Survivor Series 2019 headlined by Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler vs. Bayley and several tri-brand matches between Raw, SmackDown and NXT.

Plus, your phone calls and feedback from the POST Wrestling Forum.

Visit upNXT on Patreonhttps://www.patreon.com/upNXT/posts

Watch this show on our YouTube channel:

WWE Survivor Series
November 24, 2019
Rosemont, IL
Allstate Arena

*Bayley vs. Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler
*WWE Title No Holds Barred No DQ: Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) (c) vs. Rey Mysterio
*Survivor Series Match: Team NXT (Damian Priest, Keith Lee, Matt Riddle, Tommaso Ciampa & WALTER) vs. Team RAW (Drew McIntyre, Kevin Owens, Randy Orton, Ricochet & Seth Rollins) vs. Team SmackDown (Braun Strowman, King Corbin, Mustafa Ali, Roman Reigns & Shorty G)
*WWE Universal Title Match: The Fiend (c) vs. Daniel Bryan
*WWE NXT Title Match: Adam Cole (c) vs. Pete Dunne
*AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
*Survivor Series Match: Team NXT (Bianca Belair, Candice LeRae, Io Shirai, Rhea Ripley & Toni Storm) vs. Team RAW (Asuka, Charlotte Flair, Kairi Sane, Natalya & Sarah Logan) vs. Team SmackDown (Carmella, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans, Nikki Cross & Sasha Banks)
*The New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston) vs. The Undisputed ERA (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly) vs. The Viking Raiders (Erik & Ivar)
*Tag Team Battle Royal

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss: https://forum.postwrestling.com

Support us on Patreon – The POST Wrestling Café: http://www.patreon.com/POSTwrestling

T-Shirts & Hats: https://store.postwrestling.com

Follow: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

I liked the show in general, but THE FIEND kicking out from everything under the sun again and Brock kicking out from stereo 619 and two Frog Splashes, with two man on top of him and I was done.

This was absolute and utter BS.

PS Yeah, almost forgot WALTER being out of his match in a minute or so.

Great show as always I was at survivor series last night ,really enjoyed the show I thought crowd was great ,they were very pro NXT they wanted nxt to win every match , so hearing comments On the podcast that people didn’t really know NXT stars confused me I didn’t get that impression ,Seth got heavily booed all through , crowd were not happy with early exit of Walter , hated the red lights like everybody else but I thought this was a good show

They are never going to have Brock lose to Rey and he kicks out of a lot.

The fiend has a gimmick where he kicks out of everything. He basically ruined the curb stomp. It is what it is now

So, we get to the point of “if it’s stupid - don’t book it”.

I don’t mind Brock kicking out, but there must be some limitations. This last night was overkill. The Fiend is on another, different level of stupidity.

1 Like

Yup they have killed the Fiend for me in about a month. He should not be the champion (neither should Brock right now). I think the fiend should have been more of a psychological horror villain than a supernatural one. He should have moved to Smackdown in the draft (no more Rollins stuff), and kept attacking people. Eventually moving into a feud with Kofi, have him attack the New Day while Kofi tries to protect them, “haunt” Kofis family (have Kofis son visit the Funhouse with “nice” Bray Wyatt for example.). Do that for a long build with Bray taking everything away from Kofi, while Kofi is trying to keep the power of positivity, have him eventually lose his positivity and losing to Bray as he is broken. Then you can tell a return story at some point.

Instead we get invincible Bray, destroyer of finishers.

Have the women had that great PPV main event match?

There was the Becky/Shayna/Bayley from Survivor Series

Becky/Charlotte/Ronda from W/M. Even though it was at the end of a long show, it wasn’t deemed a good match on repeat viewing.

Charlotte/Sasha from Hell In A Cell

Ronda/Nikki from Evolution.

There may be others out there but can’t think of them

Not really, they keep trying to cram too much into the matches, or going for gimmicks (Ronda v Nikki). They need to build a big feud and pay it off. If they had put Charlotte vs Becky from Evolution (the best story) in that spot it would be a yes. If it had been Becky vs Ronda 1 on 1 I think it would have been a better match. But as of now no they have not (on a PPV) had a great women’s main event.

Bayley vs Banks in NXT

I meant main roster

Great show! Love having the BDE-team in for these crossover shows - you both have good chemistry with your co-host respectively but all four as well.

Looking forward to this week’s shows and thanks for providing so much great content for our thanksgiving week here in the US.

1 Like

That week I went to SD, Wargames, SS and Raw. SD was the least of my favorite because they moved us down from the upper level to the floor level and we could not see anything many many rows behind the announcers table.
Wargames was awesome but my wallet was stolen either at my seat or when I was purchasing my drink… it killed the mood for me for the rest of the weekend. Just wouldn’t expect that from the WWE crowd really.
Survivor Series was my favorite as far as star power went. The main event though, killed the night for a lot of people. I’d say almost half the crowd left. I saw a LOT of kids with Becky shirts and many of them left the arena before her match even started. I’d say keep the kid favorites on the first half of PPVs.
Raw was great because they moved us down from the upper level to the lower level. Loved the Rollins turn and got to see McIntyre vs Wyatt in a cage afterwards. BTW Matt Hardy was and is listed on the SD roster yet has been on Raw a couple times now? Same goes for the Usos return last night at SD. Both are listed as Raw guys.