WWE's Yulisa Leon undergoes successful surgery

Originally published at WWE's Yulisa Leon undergoes successful surgery

Yulisa Leon documents the lead-up to and aftermath of her surgery.

On the September 13th episode of NXT, Yulisa Leon appeared on-screen and shared with Sanga and her tag partner Valentina Feroz that “it’s torn” and she’s going to be out of action for nine months. Leon had a brace around her right knee.

She underwent successful surgery and documented it via a video on Instagram. Footage was shown of Leon going in for the surgery and being accompanied by her father, former CMLL luchador El Bronco. She wrote the following for the post caption:

I can’t say the things I’m going through in this moment are easy😔. 15 years as an athlete and I’d never been in a situation like this but I’m really grateful for the support of the public, and the support of my family who has always been with me giving me the strength I need in every test life life has for me. I’m pretty sure that’s what helped me to become the woman I am now.

I’m not going to lie, I feel broken but not defeated🙏🏻✨
Corinthians 4:8-9 ✨
8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

This is my first surgery and I can tell that in every hard moment I’ve been through and every tear I’ve shed in this time, I feel more protected and loved than ever and that’s why I want to thank again to each person who has sent me messages of strength and support. , you are making this process so much easier with all your love and positivity!❤️

I am sure that this stage will bring a completely new Yulisa ready to continue leaving her heart above a ring and of course dancing in the pure style of Yulisa Leon💃🏻, your favorite Latina next to my war partner and friend @valentinaferozwwe 🇲🇽➕🇧🇷❤️

Yulisa and Valentina wrestled on NXT and NXT Level Up. Their most recent match together was on the August 2nd episode of NXT. She and Valentina competed in a Fatal 4-Way elimination tag for the NXT Women’s Tag Team Titles.