Yota Tsuji officially joins LIJ ahead of Dominion, says he will bring the faction to ‘new heights’

Originally published at Yota Tsuji officially joins LIJ ahead of Dominion, says he will bring the faction to ‘new heights’

Yota Tsuji officially joined the Los Ingobernables de Japon faction on Saturday.

Tsuji was appearing at a public contact signing in Osaka ahead of Sunday’s Dominion event. He will challenge SANADA in the main event for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.

Per NJPW, a member of the press asked Tsuji if he would be part of LIJ, but he did not answer.

However, when he and SANADA were preparing for a photo session, Tetsuya Naito made a surprise appearance.

Naito asked Tsuji if he wanted to join LIJ, who said:

I will be fighting in Japan from here on, and I want to do it in Los Ingobernables de Japon … but are you ready? Because I plan on bringing LIJ and New Japan Pro Wrestling to new heights.

Tsuji returned to New Japan from excursion at NJPW Wrestling Dontaku on May 3rd. After the main event in which SANADA retained his title against Hiromu Takahashi, Tsuji appeared and attacked the champion.

A Dominion review with Bruce Lord & Karen Peterson will be available for POST Wrestling Café members on Sunday.