Young Rock

Premiered tonight on NBC. This show is legit!!! I was skeptical at first but man this blew my expectations.

1 Like

I hope there’s a bit on the CFL days and a crossover with young Sheldon

1 Like

Agent Woo is in both Young Rock and WandaVision. lol

2 Likes

They should have young Randy Orton show up.

So they can reenact that Rock promo about meeting Orton when he was a kid picking his nose.

Roman Reigns and the Usos should be playing his uncles btw.

I wonder who plays Yokozuna. Samoa Joe maybe.

I popped for Afa and Sika and Iron Sheik.

Young Sheldon as in the Big Bang Theory spin-off? Not going to happen as they’re on competing networks.

1 Like

I thought this was a little better than I was expecting. Some very mild humor (but I did laugh at some points), as well as very earnest. Nice to see some wrestlers portrayed on this show (I liked the Iron Shiek actor a lot), and I think the casting is strong overall.

I think the youngest Rock is kinda cringey. I hate when these shows try and make the kids seem cool. Teenage Rock and football Rock were both better.

Thank you for not calling him Kid Rock. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I just watched it and I have to say it was pretty good, better then I expected.

The format of three stages of his life is a very interesting one, NBC tried the same thing a couple years ago with a show called Me, Myself, and I…unfortunately the show didn’t last, but I’m happy to see the format again. I think my favorite timeline is the youngest version of the Rock, but its soley because of all the wrestlers lol.

I only saw Jim Halpert in both.

I have to say, episodes 2 and 3 were very very enjoyable. I highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of sitcoms and wrestling.

Spoiler alert…don’t scroll down if you want a debut to be a surprise.

In episode 3 A fictional Vince McMahon makes his debut, I’m very curious how they treat this character. He was pretty normal, nothing over the top, they did put over his strong relationship with the family.

I’ve been keeping up with it. Solid storytelling, pretty fun to see how they recreate real people from wrestling for it. I dig this Iron Sheik.

1 Like

Yeah Vince was nowhere near as much of a “larger than life” and “over the top” personality that I thought the show would portray him as considering what a reputation he has.

But the glimpses of Vince so far have been a younger Vince when his Dad was running the show. As we get to Vince in the 90’s he could be a little crazier.

I popped for the Coach O cameo. Go Tigers!

I was reading this thread the other day, and when I got to your post my phone rang, so I kind of read what you wrote, but I didnt read it thoroughly. All I made out was “coach cameo”. Long story short, the entire episode I was expecting a cameo from “Coach”, as in the WWE “coach” lol.

Another good episode, I loved how the Rock was willing to show vulnerability. I really hope this show is a hit and gets renewed for a second season. Unfortunately the show is showing a gradual decline.

According to PWInsider, here are the ratings:

2/16/21 - Episode 1 - 5,034,000
2/23/21 - Episode 2 - 3,483,000
3/02/21 - Episode 3 - 3,223,000
3/16/21 - Episode 4 - 2,955,000