Your POST Wrestling Listening Habits

I listen to 50-60% of the shows but sometimes I’ll go on runs of listening to almost everything.

Double shot and cafe are usually skipped. I’m not skipping anything bc of quality, it’s just that there’s a lot of great pods out there right now.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I wouldn’t hate to see a slightly lower output of shows from John and Wai. This sounds stupid but I worry they will burn out at this pace. I also sometimes fall behind on listening and end up skipping more than I want bc some of these shows are more time sensitive than others.

1 Like

I also sorta wish RAR and RASD could be an hour long.

But I go back and forth on that one. I love the news recaps.

it would be interesting to get a version of RAR and RASD that is as brief and too the punch as G1 reviews. Then expand the Double Shot and maybe Cafe to make them more topics and news focused. Unless there is something big that breaks.

Recording late at night Monday and Tuesday is exhausting. Now with Wednesday’s coming into the mix and on PPV nights Sunday’s. I don’t know the recording schedule but wonder if making the obvious two night sessions abrievated and still doing more discussion elsewhere is worth trying.

1 Like

RAR and RAS for sure. Rewind a Wai I usually never miss unless it’s a show that I don’t care about at all. Up NXT I don’t listen to cuz Braden isn’t my cup of tea. Love all the G1 shows and I also listen to the PPV recaps. Double Shot just depends on the topics too. Just me being picky but I love wrestling so the MCU shows I just have zero interest in.

I have to disagree with putting a time restraint on reviews. To limit it to an hour would severely dent the natural free flowing conversation style of podcast that post does. I’d imagine the bulk of the workload is in watching and researching the shows as opposed to the podcasts themselves.

5 Likes

I would listen to John & Wai read the phonebook (do those still exist??)
I’m a Cafe member & have been listening to the G1 shows the past 2 yrs. I also listen to Rewind A Wai, Ask a Wai, MCU reviews. My weekly routine is the Raw & Smackdown shows & the Cafe Hangout along w/ Double Shot. I listened to a few Cruel Summer but ran out time. I also enjoy the after WWE PPV shows.
I don’t listen to Up-Nxt, Maivia show, the MMA shows.
I would listen to an AEW show as part of my routine.

1 Like

I don’t really listen to much of these shows, so John and Wai can do whatever works the best for their schedules.

1 Like

The only thing I don’t listen to every single time are the MMA reviews as A) it’s not John AND Wai (but if it is I’d listen) and B) I don’t follow the sport… having said that, if it’s a newsworthy fight (like McGregor or Punk) then I’ll give it a listen.

All the wrestling shows I will listen too, whether it’s WWE, TNA, NJPW, AEW or whatever.

With adding another show to the mix in AEW, my suggestion would be (for the sake of your own sanity) that you record RAS just at some point over the weekend, as opposed to definitely on Friday night. That way you can have a social life on a Friday/over the weekend and be flexible. I don’t think anyone would mind if you released RAS on Saturday or Sunday or even Monday. (I’m sure a lot of people listen to podcasts the most at work/commuting too work anyway!)

Always listen to RAR, RAS, the hangout and PPV reviews. Everything else usually not.

I listen to so many other podcasts so I pledge the $6 monthly because I’m a huge fan of the guys and also to listen to the Patreon podcasts if I feel like it (many months I don’t).

Raw, Smackdown, Rewind A Wai, Mailbag, MCU and WWE PPV’s every time, I try and catch the hangout most weeks and with the hangout it depends on the subject, I’m going to go back and listen to the Vicelands episodes now I’m finally watching them and I would be sad to see the hangout disappear if that happens.

With the other shows I listen to Up NXT around 50% of the time(depending on when I actually watch the show) and BWE occasionally, in the case of TRMPS I’m trying to rewatch the films before I listen to the podcast and I’m a few episodes behind.

As for the Japanese podcasts, I’m not into that scene so I don’t listen to them.

In regards to the length of the shows I like the talks before the reviews, wether talking about their lives or the news.

1 Like

I’m actually been contemplating cancelling my café membership lately to be honest and that’s only because I don’t get time to listen to all their shows. My work gives me little spare time to sit and listen, I’ve only been able to listen to their stuff now as it’s the summer holidays. So in terms of listening I would love to be able to listen to a ton of their shows, I love the idea of Cruel Summer and TRMPS but have not heard much of either and none of Cruel Summer.
This is such a minor issues in the grand scheme of things, them producing too many shows for the money I pay.

Farm life is lonely so I listen to every single show!

3 Likes

Rewind A Wai is priority #1 to me; anything looking back at old wrestling shows and hearing John and Wai’s take is pure fun.

I listen to RAR and RASD so I don’t have to watch the shows…sadly that’s where I’m at with WWE these days.

The MCU stuff is good fun, and I listen to the MMA shows after interesting cards…so about half the time.

I would listen to an AEW show for sure. Can’t get into ANY of the Japanese wrestling stuff or BWE.

1 Like

Love Rewind-A-Wai, Post Puroresu and the limited run series (Eggshells, Cruel Summer). Really like the Double Shot. I think there’s enough going on to warrant a show that covers “everything else”. The hangout sometimes fulfills this purpose, and it’s fun to get something with a bit more of a different atmosphere.

WWE PPV post shows are, sadly, still mandatory listening. Only listen to RAR / RASD if there’s something noteworthy or interesting. Never listened to Up NXT. Seldom listen to BWE.

I really like the idea of John and Wai reviewing movies and talking about storytelling, but I’d really like them to do something outside of the MCU / anything featuring a superhero.

I listen to Rewind-A-Raw and any PPV recaps (including Impact and AEW) religiously. Rewind-A-Smackdown I listen to 75% of the time, but Wednesdays have heavy podcast competition with WHW with Tony Schiavone coming out that day as well. Rewind-A-Wai is my favorite podcast, but I will skip if it’s covering a show I don’t care for. I usually listen to Ask-A-Wai as well.

I didn’t exactly suggest a time limit. It was more about maybe moving the news to a different show to streamline the WWE reviews. Also, cut the listener feedback. It doesn’t add anything (unpopular opinion).

I’m not even sure I’d want that. Just thinking out loud.

Maybe this is a less is more situation, maybe not…

Forgot the post-PPV recaps, those are must-listens as well.

1 Like

Hopefully this helps. I might be different as while I’m on vacation, I normally work 11 days on and 3 days off. When I go back to work, they will do that shift for the first 11 days and then 12 and 2 with 12 hour shifts for about 90 days. I will admit that some of the side shows like Cruel Summer for instance I listen to later on after I listen to all my other podcasts, but I listen to everything except British Wrestling Experience as I don’t really follow much British Wrestling. I also don’t listen to the MCU reviews as I’m not into movies.

In regards to a potential new AEW review show, I could suggest dropping Rewind a Smackdown if Smackdown goes back to being a Raw dress rehearsal. I don’t know if that will happen with the new Fox deal, but that could certainly happen considering WWE’s history. That being said, if you have to get rid of one show to save your sanity, it would probably be the Double Shot, and save all the news stories and random reviews for the Cafe Hangout, but that’s just a suggestion.

Never miss:
-RAR
-RASD
-Cafe Hangout
-Ask-a-Wai
-Double Shot
-All of the G1 coverage
-Rewind-a-Wai
-PPV Post Shows

On occasion:
-MCU Review
-UpNXT (usually only the Takeover shows)
-Post Puroresu (there’s only so much WH Park I can take)

I suppose if a John and Wai show has to be dropped to make room for Review-a-AEWonTNT (or whatever it winds up being called), I’d pick the Double Shot. I haven’t really missed it during the G1 coverage, and going forward anything that they were going to cover on the Double Shot they could easily just cover on the Hangout. I’m also more likely to listen to an AEW review show if it’s hosted by John and Wai, and not any other extended Post family members.

What I listen to
RAR
RASD
WWE/NJPW/ROH/Impact post-ppv shows
Most things involving Nate Milton
When I am a patron, I listen to the Double Shot and the MCU reviews

What I skip
UFC/MMA coverage: haven’t watched the sport in years
RAW: I don’t have the WWE Network
Anything featuring WH Park: he hates like 90% of what I like, so I find him unpleasant

Content that does not yet exist
If John and Wai record a weekly AEW show I will probably listen to it. If someone else does the show, I will try it.

I wish that someone in the POST network followed women’s wrestling. John has said he would like to go to a Shimmer show, but he skips it every WM week and it doesn’t sound like they’ll be covering The Summit.

1 Like