Your Top 5 boldest predictions for 2023

I’ve always said, make the first hour a preview (like the PPV pre shows) like you see in every other sport. Sure it won’t do the same rating, but I guarantee the actual show would so much better. If it’s a raw preview, the number wouldn’t effect the average viewership of raw.

1. CM Punk returns to AEW. He is the last man MJF faces for the title before pulling a CM Punk and escaping through the crowd into ‘the bidding war of 2024’ (I’ve heard this elsewhere but still claiming the same idea)

2. Saraya continues to disppoint in the ring before having her body break down once more. (not rooting against her but feel this is an inevitability)

3. FTR return to WWE by the end of the year

4. WWE blows the momentum they had in Sami Zayn and he’s back to the midcard by end of 2023 (I pray I’m wrong)

5. The IWC turn on HHH by year’s end as Trips projects of Braun, Kross, and even Wyatt fail to justify their returns while stylistically McIntyre and Corbin just don’t fit anymore.

BONUS - We see at least one high profile female wrestler walk out (Sasha/Naomi style) on WWE this year.

Several people made bold predictions that CM Punk returns to AEW in 2023. So I will swerve and predict:

1. CM Punk appears on WWE television by the end of 2023.
3 Likes

Ya, I don’t think this thread is as much bold predictions as much as its “personal wish lists” lol. CM punk returning to AEW is not a bold prediction IMO. Him going to WWE, that’s a bold prediction.

Raw being cut to two hours, that’s a bold prediction. @MJfromNJ gets the game.

1 Like

On one hand, everything I’ve read about Sheamus’s health suggests that he should retire. Plus he just got married in 2022 and, if kids are in their plans, he may want to spend more time at home (and be physically able to run around with his future children).

But on the other hand, he’s having the best run of his career as far as match quality, he is boys with the new head of creative, and his current style suggests he could care less about spinal stenosis at the moment.

2 Likes

So what is this, bold predictions that could happen? Or just posting random shit that won’t ever likely happen?

1 Like

It would appear the latter.

1 Like

Updated list

1. Hulk Hogan is employed by WWE as the new head of their diversity initiative
  2. Jim Cornette becomes a major supporter of Kenny Omega and issues a public apology to Dave Meltzer
  3. Booker T starts to champion the AEW product on his podcast and has several criticisms of WWE
  4. Charlotte Flair begins an epic winning streak programme which the fans fully get behind
  5. Madcap Moss wins the Royal Rumble
5 Likes

Typically “bold predictions” are things that are very unlikely, but you think “could” happen. Otherwise, it’s not a bold prediction, it’s just a prediction.

1 Like

I get you’re making fun of me, but I see the humour in this :joy: #2 had me actually laughing out loud.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be things that are bold but could happen. Your goal is to actually have them land, obviously the winner being the one with the boldest statement that is correct.

I mean someone who said Vince would step down last year would have likely won, right up there with CM Punk punches Nick Jackson

3 Likes

Exactly…For example, I dont feel CM Punk returning to AEW is a “bold prediction” its truthfully the most likely outcome.

1 Like

According to Bryan Alvarez it’s very bold lol

2 Likes

Also according to Alvarez, Seth Rollins isnt over lol.

I think it counts as bold. Objectively:

Likely: CM Punk doesn’t wrestle again in 2023 while the threat of a lawsuit hangs around.

Unlikely: CM Punk does wrestle for AEW again in 2023.

Very Unlikely: CM Punk wrestled for WWE out of spite for AEW.

Impossible: CM Punk has another UFC fight.

5 Likes

I agree with most of this, but I’d change “unlikely” for him to return to AEW to “somewhat likely”. Khan doesnt seem to be willing to let him go, and there is just so much money on the table. Granted, Punk is a stubborn man, but I just see him eventually coming around. To me its just not a “bold prediction”, with that said, I am no authority on this in any way lol, so to each their own.

1 Like

I’d flip the likely: CM Punk returns to AEW

unlikely: CM Punk and AEW wind up in a lawsuit.

Bold: Punk is outright released
Crazy: Punk works with WWE again
And the following was Chefs Kiss perfect:

1 Like

BOLD

CM Punk returns to WWE at Crown Jewel to fight Tyson Fury in a boxing match and after losing sings American Pie with Fury.

#bold

2 Likes

A fairly notable athlete from a major sport crosses into Wrestling as the NIL to Bad Bunny ParMac and Logan. Not TMZ level, but ESPN front page worthy

Like a Dwight Howard?

1 Like