Zelina Vega would like to have a Belair vs. Banks type of moment with Raquel Gonzalez

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/10/08/zelina-vega-would-like-to-have-a-belair-vs-banks-type-of-moment-with-raquel-gonzalez/

Zelina Vega discusses what her culture means to her.

The 2021 WWE Draft wrapped up this past Monday and Zelina Vega was moved from Friday Night SmackDown to the Raw brand. Over on the NXT front, Raquel Gonzalez is the reigning NXT Women’s Champion and is currently involved in a feud with Toxic Attraction (Mandy Rose, Gigi Dolin & Jacy Jayne).

Both Vega and Gonzalez were a part of a conversation hosted by The Female Quotient to discuss Hispanic representation in pro wrestling. Vega mentioned Sasha Banks versus Bianca Belair at WrestleMania 37 and those two talents being the first two Black women to headline a WrestleMania. Vega said she would like to have a similar moment for her culture alongside a talent like Raquel Gonzalez.

I would love to get in the ring with her at WrestleMania. They got to main event and they did it for them, their families, their culture and it was beautiful and I would love a scenario where that would happen with maybe me and Raquel, you know? We can do that for our culture and our people and it’s something that I really — it’s one of my dreams, it’s one of my passions that I fight for us because we don’t have many people fighting for us.

On the most recent NXT 2.0 show, Raquel was crowded by Toxic Attraction but the NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions Zoey Stark and Io Shirai came to her aid. To get a recap of the 10/5 NXT 2.0, click here.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit The Female Quotient with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.