2020 WWE Draft to kick off on 10/9 Friday Night SmackDown

Originally published at 2020 WWE Draft to kick off on 10/9 Friday Night SmackDown - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

Following the RAW Tag Team Championship match at Clash of Champions, WWE went to a break and it was announced that the 2020 WWE Draft will kick off on October 9th on Friday Night SmackDown. The Draft will resume on the 10/12 episode of Monday Night RAW.

The future is on the clock.

The 2020 #WWEDraft begins Friday, October 9 on #SmackDown and continues Monday, October 12 on #WWERaw! pic.twitter.com/2A1uTuHSU7

— WWE (@WWE) September 28, 2020

Last year’s WWE Draft kicked off on Friday Night SmackDown on FOX in October. Here were the results from the first two rounds of the 2019 Draft:

Round 1

• Raw: Becky Lynch
  • SmackDown: Roman Reigns
  • Raw: The O.C.
  • SmackDown: “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
  • Raw: Drew McIntyre

Round 2

• Raw: Randy Orton
  • SmackDown: Sasha Banks
  • Raw: Ricochet
  • SmackDown: Braun Strowman
  • Raw: Bobby Lashley

Following the Clash of Champions pay-per-view, a review of the show will be up on the POST Wrestling site for Café patrons at this link.

I’m really curious to see who ends up where this year. And most specifically, if they’re gonna switch some champions around.

I hope Cesaro and Nakamura split up by losing the titles first and then splitting up. While hoping that Nakamura will get the Universal Title push is unrealistic, we can pray that they salvage his WWE run, if only a little bit, with an Intercontinental feud with Styles and Zayn.

On Raw, Cesaro can feud with Shelton Benjamin since Benjamin really had no substantial feud besides just being a bystander that happens to be a member of the Hurt Business. I would definitely put him in that feud.

EDIT: If you ask me, if they care about the brand extension that much, they would do away with the draft and the joint-production PPVs. I know, I know, if you buy DVDs or pay through the nose through order PPVs in the traditional fashion, your money would be hurting, but these two things are certainly hurting the brand extension. The reason being is that they do it by not allowing storylines to finish naturally or not doing it through logical reasoning. I remember when they did something like that in 2005, they threw Batista over to Smackdown just when they solidified him as not going to Smackdown and commiting to stay with his brand.

Well, we’ll probably see a better outcome; who knows?