Catching up for the last two weeks, my match choices would be,

Impact: Bey and Ace vs Kushida and Kevin Knight

AEW: Lethal vs Brisco (of course!), Cage vs Bryan, Hangman vs Mox

WWE: Reigns vs KO + post match

And slightly out of those 2 weeks….

NJPW/Noah: Nakajima vs Shingo

1 Like

Sunday January 29th - Saturday February 4th

• Darby Allin (in a thumbtack jacket) vs Samoa Joe in an insane match on Feb 1 Dynamite was my match of the week

• Hangman Page vs Jon Moxley 3 was a close second

Although best segment of the week was Sami challenging Roman on SmackDown.

Best match of January

Now I can look back at the list of 10 of my favorite matches of the last month and say that I think

• Elite vs Death Triangle was the best match of the month.
  • Honorable mention to Mox vs Hangman 2.

So the best event of the month was definitely the January 11th episode of Dynamite from LA that had both of these matches. It was a PPV level show.

Moment of the month was Sami turning on the bloodline after the Royal Rumble.

And again in a different category was Mark Briscoe vs Jay Lethal in the most emotional match of the month.

1 Like

Bryan Danielson vs. RUSH, what more needs to be said this week.

Well if we’re talking best of January mine is very different, just for difference sake (cause I loved both equally) my moment of the month will be Okada and Kiyomiya great angle rather then the Sami turn. Match of the month for me is Def Omega vs Ospreay, only thing that comes close is Kiyomiya vs Kenoh from the Noah New Years show. And show of the month is absolutely Wrestle Kingdom with Impacts Hard to Kill as my runner up.

Week six: MJF vs Takeshita on Dynamite

For me this week, MJF vs Takeshita, the Elite vs Top Flight/AR Fox from Dynamite and from Impact, believe it or not, I loved Matt Cardona vs Joe Hendry! Might be on an island with that one lol

Sunday February 5th - Saturday February 11th

I’m a bit late on last week. I did miss Dynamite last week but catching up on highlights it seems like the AEW match I would have liked the most is MJF vs Takeshita.

But I did watch some of Raw and SmackDown last week and am very happy to finally see the women on Raw get the time to conclude their feud.

• Becky Lynch vs Bailey in a steel cage on Raw.

It wasn’t perfect but still deserves some kudos. The women haven’t been given much in either WWE or AEW so far this year.

Best moment of the week though was the incredible Cody & Heyman promo on Raw.

2 Likes

Week seven: Mens elimination chamber match

2 Likes

Sunday February 12th - Saturday 18th

A great week by WWE. I watched Dynamite last week and don’t think there was anything memorable.

Raw February 13

• Bianca vs Becky vs Bayley - Probably the best women’s match I’ve seen in 2023

Elimination Chamber

• Men’s Elimination Chamber match
  • Roman vs Sami

Even though a lot of people weren’t happy with the outcome of Roman vs Sami I thought the match was electric and exciting in front of the incredible Montreal crowd.

1 Like

Kairi vs Mercedes. Great match and atmosphere.

1 Like

Eddie Kingston and Jay White was a heck of a match at Battle in the Valley as well.

1 Like

Matches for me this week,

NJPW:
Eddie Kingston vs Jay White
Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Kairi vs Mercedes Mone

Impact:
Chris Bey vs Kushida
Rich Swann vs Kenny King

Haven’t watched Elimination Chamber yet lol but my match of the week is Kari vs Mone

2 Likes

Wow, how’d I miss this thread thus far?

For the 12th-18th I have Kingston/White just edging out Mercedes/Kairi, but also the Inaba & Kitamiya/Kojima & Sugiura tag title match from NOAH’s Great Voyage show comfortably in third. A really great, fast-moving slug-fest which felt like a lot of old All Japan tags.

1 Like

Kazuchika Okada vs Kaito Kiyomiya was pretty incredible I thought.

1 Like

Sunday February 18th - Saturday February 25th

Not a lot of good wrestling this week to be honest. Some good bloodline drama with Sami, Jey and Jimmy in the fallout of elimination chamber but that’s it.

So with very little competition the best match I watched this week was:

• Orange Cassidy vs Wheeler Yuta on Dynamite
1 Like

Muto last match and card was a spectacle to watch. Highly recommend it

2 Likes

Not a great week for match quality, I agree Orange Cassidy vs Wheeler Yuta on Dynamite was the best I saw.

1 Like

Ladder match on Dynamite this week.

1 Like

Okay this is hilarious. Match was good though

Although Yuta vs OC was great, I thought the week had lots to love!

The Muto retirement show had lots, especially the Noah vs AJPW tag, Okada vs Kyiomia and Muto vs Naito.

Then Impact had the great Trey Miguel vs Crazzy Steve Monsters Ball, Time Machine vs Bullet Club 6 man, and a phenomenal Alexander vs Swann World title match.

Not bad at all

1 Like