AEW adds a pair of women's matches to the Full Gear card

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/11/06/aew-adds-a-pair-of-womens-matches-to-the-full-gear-card/

All Elite Wrestling had added two women’s matches to this Saturday’s Full Gear pay-per-view from Baltimore, Maryland.

On the pay-per-view itself, Riho will defend the AEW women’s title against Emi Sakura while Dr. Britt Baker will take on Bea Priestley on the Buy-In pre-show.

Riho became the first AEW women’s champion on October 2nd defeating Nyla Rose on the inaugural edition of AEW Dynamite on TNT.

Baker and Priestley have been feuding for several months dating to the Fight for the Fallen card. During a tag match at the show, Baker suffered a concussion while teaming with Riho against Priestley and Shoko Nakajima.

Here is the updated card for the Full Gear event at the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore this Saturday:
*Chris Jericho vs. Cody for the AEW title
*Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley in a Lights Out Unsanctioned match
*The Young Bucks vs. Santana & Ortiz
*Hangman Page vs. Pac
*Riho vs. Emi Sakura for the AEW women’s title
*Bea Priestley vs. Dr. Britt Baker in the Buy-In pre-show

I love Riho and Sakura and when they wrestle but the match has been done to death.

Co-signed. I guess they’re assuming this is a fresh match for the majority of their audience? It’s the Okada/SANADA of Joshi

1 Like

Is it a way of saying we need a surefire good title match so let’s trust the joshi wrestlers (instead of our US wrestlers) ?

It would be nice if maybe they would use their tv show or YouTube channel to tell me who these 2 are and why I should care about this match. A promo between the two would be nice.

Still feel like they need to do alot of work on the women’s division, basically we know abit about Riho and that Britt Baker is a dentist. The in ring is dandy but that’s about it.

Yup super uninteresting the Baker/Priestly feud has gone cold and the other match has no build. I expect the Joshi match to be decently worked but it isn’t very interesting from any other standpoint.

Britt’s promo on Dark added a bit of spice. Not sure if AEW should be doing quasi worked shoot promos this early on, and Britt wasn’t 100% convincing, but at least the injury angle gives us something more than “she’s a dentist, remember”.

It’s funny that of the 6 posted matches the only ones that were booked properly and got the TV time to build hype are matches featuring BTE guys.

Aside from Britt’s promo on dark last night there was no real build on her feud since the last battle royale.

The Women’s Championship Match could have been booked better. I don’t remember a time where I heard Sakura was next in line for a title shot. I know that she trained Riho, and she really likes Queen but that’s all I really know.

To be fair, that’s nearly 70% of the currently announced card. Pretty much every match other than the women’s title match & Brtt V. Bea (which at least had been an established feud) had at least a decent build. :100:

It helped but I was also like what happened to this feud the last 2 weeks. Outside of dark we have seen them on one TV match in 6 weeks. So for fans not watching dark how do they know anything about this if they just started with dynamite.