AEW DOUBLE OR NOTHING: Inner Circle wins, Mark Henry arrives, Jungle Boy earns shot, Baker new champion

Building up a guy like what? He literally won 2 job matches. He hasn’t even piled up wins on Dark yet and his finish is a pop up punch, which Cody avoided.

ALL OUT announced for Chicago, IL on September 5th! I hope that means the return of…

Please Conrad! Make it happen!

1 Like

My issue is that if he is just a low tier guy he should not be in the match. They could have built up the QT feud a bit more, have Cody face Ogogo on Dynamite, and have put off the QT match for the PPV. If you are going to do the Ogogo match either he needed more build up and a better story, or he needed to win.

2 Likes

So it was a waste of TV/PPV time is the answer? Yay?

Is that even his finish? He beat the other guy in a squash with a punch to the gut. He also took out the nightmare family with that, he’s used the “pop up punch” once. Don’t think it’s established at all

It ain’t happening, already confirmed on Twitter

Spoke too soon. Unfortunate but understandable.

Well, Nick Comoroto has looked pretty strong, so he should be beating Kenny Omega in no time.

Part of me feels bad for Shida for what should have been a big night for her as a year-long champ finally getting in front of a big crowd, but that was a cool moment for Baker. Time to start building sustainable stories for the women’s champion so that division can reach some good heights.

2 Likes

The only thing I thought about in that Darby video is when did Sting get his license? 1975? :laughing:

1 Like

Obviously Sting doesn’t seem to care… He’s not even tanned.

:neutral_face:

1 Like

That was so much fun.

2 Likes

That tag match was so awesome

1 Like

Really good tag match. I thought Kingston and Mox would win the titles and Scorpio and Page would get a shot, but I’m thinking a Bucks vs Darby and Sting would be fun.

1 Like

Orange Cassidy didn’t get the reaction I was expecting coming out.

The fact these near falls are getting such a reaction is a testament to how good all three are.

Great match.

1 Like

This show is by far the best PPV of the year and that’s before stadium stampede, which should be great

1 Like

Overbooked finish, but otherwise a great match, especially considering the winner was never in doubt.

Mark Henry to AEW. Cool, I guess?

1 Like

Why is there a random pig carcass hanging in the concessions freezer of a football stadium, during the off season no less?

Because The Butcher works here.

Also, I need Tully vs Konnan.

1 Like