AEW Fight Forever (game discussion)

Hey,
Just figured I’d start a thread on this topic.

With the release date set for June 29th (28th if you pre-order), the flood of promotion has begun around AEW’s first foray into gaming - Fight Forever.

So far, a lot of fun looking stuff surrounding the game has started to come out.

Personally, I’ve heard all the right things about this to peak my interest. Specifically comparisons to WWE Day of Reckoning on Game Cube, as well as the classic N64 AKI /THQ games.

Some of the latest news based on people playing it…

Anyway, I never got into the SvR games or annual WWE releases, due to the mechanics never being that great or fun to play. And I never got the hype around Fire Pro. This is more the style of game I’ve wanted for years.

Anybody else grabbing this? Any thoughts?

1 Like

I’m interested in the game, but I’ll say this… they picked a hell of a month to release it. Street Fighter 6 and Diablo 4 just released, and then Final Fantasy 16 comes out in a couple weeks. I dunno how much those games will eat into the market share of a niche wrestling game, but this kinda feels like dropping your new album on the same day as Drake and Taylor Swift. There’s gonna be a lot of distracted consumers out there.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m interested and have been following the development since the beginning…but I’ll likely be preoccupied with Diablo 4 and/or Street Fighter 6 when it releases.

It looks a lot of fun and I’ve heard mostly positive things from previews, but I’ll probably pick it up on sale down the line.

Yes indeed.

It can be a good game but there’s Street Fighter 6 and a lot of other big games to play. It would have to be a Def Jam style of game to be a priority for me.

Which this is, in terms of game play, is it not? Those games were build upon the the AKI / THQ wrestling games, as far as I can remember in terms of game play.

I know for myself, the last game I actually got into was Red Dead 2 - so my deck is clear for a new game to get into, haha. I do believe there will be a lot of lapsed gamers / gamers of a previous generation possibly getting interested in FF, and trying it out based on word of mouth.

1 Like

My time playing video games will likely be taken up by the latest Zelda game (so much to explore and discover in that game), but for a change of pace, if I hear enough good things, I would like to check this out. I’ve certainly seen some good things, such as how anyone can ride Darby’s skateboard and ride it practically anywhere.

Here’s the roster of the game as of now:
Abadon
Adam Cole
Hangman Adam Page
Andrade El Idolo
Aubrey Edwards (unlockable)
Brian Cage
Dr. Britt Baker
Bryan Danielson
Cash Wheeler (DLC)
Chris Jericho
Christian Cage
Chuck Taylor (but no Trent)
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Danhausen (DLC)
Darby Allin
Dax Harwood (DLC)
Dustin Rhodes
Eddie Kingston
Hikaru Shida
Hook (DLC)
Jade Cargill
Jeff Hardy
John Silver (but no other Dark Order guys except for…)
Mr. Brodie Lee (unlockable)
Jon Moxley
Jungle Boy Jack Perry
Keith Lee (DLC)
Kenny Omega
Kris Statlander
Lance Archer
Luchasaurus
Malakai Black
Matt Hardy (pre-order bonus)
Broken Matt Hardy (pre-order bonus)
Matt Jackson
Miro
MJF
Nick Jackson
Nyla Rose
Orange Cassidy (who can wrestle with his hands in his pockets)
Owen Hart
PAC
Paul Wight (unlockable)
Penta El Zero Miedo
Rey Fenix
Ricky Starks
Riho
Ruby Soho
Sammy Guevara
Scorpio Sky
Sting
The Bunny (but no Butcher nor Blade)
Thunder Rosa
Wardlow
Yuka Sakazaki

2 Likes

Will definitely be getting it. The preview videos have made it a must buy. Roster looks very solid, I just hope Swerve and Hobbs get added at some point.

It’s too bad this wasn’t released before Forbidden Door because I’ll be having a bunch of friends over and would have loved putting this on and making it feel like 1999 again :laughing:

1 Like

Turns out Trent might be in the game, based on this video from last weekend.

1 Like

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1 Like

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Also: Evil UNO promoting this game as hard as he has been, but is not even IN the game is the type of disrespect that puts on in the Haters Hall of Fame.

2 Likes

What a rollercoaster of emotions!

Haha, Uno works for AEW games - so promotion is part of the gig.

That said - I absolutely love the videos they have been releasing showing people’s reactions to how much fun they are having playing it together. The vibe is definitely infectious.

2 Likes

Regardless if it’s excellent graphics, or full of glitches, or an excellent story mode, or unrealistic, we are wrestling fans, and we are getting a new wrestling game to play that is DIFFERENT from what we’ve had for the past decade.

I’m excited

1 Like

I’ll be picking it up… I don’t see myself investing a ton of time in to it like I would for baseball or hockey games I think it’s gonna be one to take over to my friends and just have fun with.

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s time!

Inital reviews, one was up from wrestling Observer, aren’t promising. Seems like a very bare-bones start to the game and graphics are not good. I’ll wait for some other opinions on here before jumping as I really don’t even have time to play video games right now, but it looked fun

Based on my first hour of playing… it’s a ton of fun.

Most reviews seem to be comparing it to WWE games - but all seem to echo that it’s a fun game. It’s just not as deep yet (which they’ve said they’d be adding to in time).

As somebody who spent countless hours playing N64 classic wrestling games, I feel like this is a continuation of those. I was able to pick up a controller and have it figured out within five minutes. Super fun.

An initial bare-bones game is fine. But it shouldn’t have a $60 price tag then.

I might check it out when it goes on sale in a few months. But even at $40 I have a hard time spending that much when the graphics look like an Xbox 360 game.

When WWE came out with Battlegrounds in 2020 which was their first arcade style brawler game it was only $40.

1 Like