AEW hits highest 18-49 figure since Nov. 2019, tops 900k viewers

You clearly can’t interpret English.

I stated AEW hasn’t grown it’s audience. That they have achieved their highest demo rating in a year and their best head to head number is irrelevant. The demo is a subset of the number that is still no higher overall.

An article that contains a viewpoint doesn’t make it a fact and certainly doesn’t mean it supports The Benjamin’s “entire cable industry” proclamation.

I don’t know. How does it feel?

You really need to examine your life. To get so wound up over criticism of anything, never mind a sports entertainment company, is really quite sad.

Holy shit dude, you need to look in a mirror.

You feel compelled to post in every AEW topic to knock those who enjoy the product / those excited by its growth / those who defend the product.

You claim facts that are 100% based around your opinion.

4 Likes

I’m not wound up. My language is clearly non-emotive and my facts are facts, not Trump “alternative facts”.

Guys, don’t be mad at @Bdubz. I’ve stopped getting into it with him, because I know he just misses his childhood favorites like George Hackenschmidt and Frank Gotch.

2 Likes

Ha ha. And there was me giving you credit for being a mature adult and accepting that Patreon’s are entitled to express differing opinions.

Relax man. It was a joke. I know you’re a Thesz guy anyway.

2 Likes

I know it was. As was my response.

I asked you this in an another thread and you ignored it, so I’ll ask you again.

How do you have such strong opinions on how AEW and it’s performers are doing if you haven’t watched in months?

3 Likes

You don’t get it. The demo is the only number networks care about. Total viewers has nothing to do with what the networks care about. They’re trying to sell ads to the 18 to 49 market and AEW’s number in that market is incredible.

NXT, in comparison, has horrendous numbers in that demo. It was a total destruction

1 Like

You know discussion about wrestling is dead when it’s now about the suits, that don’t care about wrestling, being happy about ad revenue… what a sad state.

In the middle of a pandemic, when ticket sales are non-existent, literally the only measure of success is TV business.

Fuck people who care about the health of a promotion they enjoy, right?

4 Likes

That’s rich, coming from you.

When it seems to be the main way they measure how good a promotion is, then yeah. Fuck those people.

Come on guys, no need to get personal here. We’re talking about wrestling ratings, there is no need to go at each other so hard.

Nobody here is saying AEW is good BECAUSE of their ratings. If you’re too much of an idiot to understand that, you’ve got bigger issues than trolling message boards to dump on things people enjoy.

There is having a different opinion, and then there is purposefully starting shit in every thread related to a topic.

People who are excited for the success of AEW are generally doing so as it assures that the show / promotion will continue. That’s why people care.

As I say to you every time I see you popping up in AEW threads… What are you doing posting here? You swore off posting in every AEW topic, yet here you are. Just can’t resist.

4 Likes

“Can I speak to the manager?”
Karen is gonna Karen

I don’t think it’s ABOUT that. But if you want to think about wrestling through any lens other than a completely kayfabe perspective, you need to have some understanding as to why decisions are made. Otherwise you’re just one of those jags from a decade ago saying “John Cena should join the Nexus” (h/t OSW Review) when the reality was that turning Cena heel at that time would have been like setting fire to a bunch of merch revenue.

Having said that, it would be great if ad revenue and ratings weren’t a part of the booking decisions made by “wrestling people”. But not only are those things major factors, but we have more access to them than ever before. Kinda sucks.

1 Like

I also think one thing AEW has done pretty well at is sticking to logical booking decisions so for the most part, ratings have remained strong and consistent. Therefore, there has been less of chasing quarter hours, etc.

The fact that a show that rewards viewers who pay attention and can follow a story - any show - will generally find a consistent audience.

2 Likes

That’s true. Regardless of your thoughts on Mox/Omega being on TV instead of PPV — there are strong cases for both — at least they built to it rather than just announcing it on Twitter in the afternoon.

1 Like