AEW Rampage suffers major declines, equals lowest 18-49 figure in show's history

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/08/01/aew-rampage-suffers-major-declines-equals-lowest-18-49-figure-in-shows-history/

AEW Rampage posted one of its lowest numbers to date with Friday’s edition of the show.

The July 29th taped edition of the show from Worcester averaged 375,000 viewers and approximately 143,000 (0.11) in the 18-49 demographic, per Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics and Showbuzz Daily.

WWE Smackdown, Friday on Fox (8-10pm):
2,193,000 viewers
P18-49 rating: 0.52

AEW Rampage, Friday on TNT (10-11pm):
375,000 viewers
P18-49 rating: 0.11
📊 https://t.co/1SscdBCpr8 pic.twitter.com/Y1iiWfIWQK

— Brandon Thurston (@BrandonThurston) August 1, 2022

The loss of overall viewership from the week prior was 12 percent while the 18-49 demographic fell by 36 percent with the show finishing #23 among cable originals.

It was Rampage’s second-lowest audience in its normal time slot with the all-time low of 369,000 viewers for the June 17th edition of the show. There was an episode with fewer viewers on May 6th, which aired at 5:30 p.m. ET.

This past Friday’s show equaled the lowest 18-49 number in the show’s history with the May 6th episode that didn’t air in the regular time slot.

In the 18-49 demo, male viewership dropped 41 percent from last week while female viewership in the demo decreased by 28 percent.

Adults 18-34 were cut in half going from 56,000 last week to 28,000 this week.

Males 12-34 saw a major decrease of 74 percent, however, females in the same demo were unchanged from last week.

The only increase among the key demos was among adults 50+ that increased by 12 percent this week.

The show was headlined by Ruby Soho taking on Anna Jay and included the debut of a new rap video from The Acclaimed and opened with a six-man tag between the Best Friends and Jay Lethal, Satnam Singh & Sonjay Dutt.

Not surprising at all. There was nothing they announced that made me want to tune in.

There has been such little effort to make Rampage must watch for the last few months and personally I usually don’t bother watching

1 Like

They have given up on the show. What did they expect. You seriously gonna headline Ruby and Anna and be stunned people didn’t tune in?

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a lot of thoughtful and measured responses to this news on wrestling Twitter right now. Can’t wait to put the kids to bed and pour myself a beverage so I can go down that rabbit hole later. Need a good chuckle this evening…

3 Likes

I wanted to tune in to see Sonjay Dutt lol might be just my TNA/Impact die hard fandom talking there though