AEW vs NXT

No, this Threeway will go in the following pattern I’ve seen maybe every couple of months on WWE programming: the two big guys will beat each other and Roddy will steal the victory after one of them hits his finisher on the other, so we can get one more go at them and mostly likely the winner of the bout between them will beat Roddy for the title. Or the one that does not get pinned will get the shot, one of both. Point is, they’ve told this story 10 000 ties already and they do not offer any new spin to it. It’s monotone. I’m fed up.

They’ve been around for almost 40 years they’ve told most every story. AEW isn’t telling new stories either. If you don’t like the story that is fine, but it isn’t because AEW is telling a different story, they are telling the same story with a different name. Veteran Heel champion with a faction of younger stars, wins matches through nefarious means. Isn’t a new story and it is the main story in AEW.

As for the triple threat Roddy will win likely through interference as he is part of a heel faction and he is in a non-DQ match. This is one thing that made the Street fight dumb to me. Why didn’t the inner circle just maul Darby? No DQ after all. Or was it explained that weapons were ok but like rope breaks interference would be a DQ?

Yeah I get what you are saying.

Lesnar vs Kofi - should it have gone longer? Probably.

But for those thinking Kofi should have won let’s break it down:

Kofi wins
Lesnar is now a chump who has lost to both champs. He has to go away for a while
Kofi gets a small push but to face who ? He’s already champ

Lesnar wins
Lesnar gets back some mystique from loss to Seth. Sets up rematch with Seth at SS here he can win and both keep titles
Kofi can have a redemption arc. Loses to lesnar and fights back to win later
Lesbar is champ heading into Fox which wants more sports based show

Which makes more sense?

It is the way they are telling those stories, dude.

For Darbi - I can assume that he does have FRIENDS backstage (you know, like the Bucks and Cody), something that WWE babyfaces do not know the concept about. Still Jack Hager came out of nowhere and cost him the match, to get the heat on him Jericho. Was it an original story? No, but the way was told had different vibe from WWE. Everything made too much sense, I could not fathom it.

My personal booking would have been, Brock loses due to Cain interference (or wins by DQ it match never even happens). Goes into a feud with Cain without the title (I think that feud doesn’t need the title). Wins that feud at Crown Jewel, comes back around to the Kofi feud and beats Kofi for the title in a longer squash style match similar to Cena vs Brock 1.

1 Like

I like that better. I guess though you still have Kofi losing albeit in a longer match

There has been no establishment for Darby having friends behind the scenes. He had a match with Cody which was brutal and not friendly. So where would his friends be coming from? Other people feuding with Jericho?

You can prefer how a story is told, but that doesn’t make it a new story, or not predictable. You don’t like the story you perceive happening with Roddy, because you feel it is predictable or simply because it is WWE and not AEW

Yup I think he should have lost, I wanted Brock to cash in on him with MITB and tell a long story where he comes back to beat Brock. Because Seth vs Brock is boring.

Honestly, I think the Bucks putting Private Party over (and the commercial break celebration, which was cool) was one of the more unexpected results of that week, IMO.

And this week they did a nice job of promoting Darby & Scirpio Sky. The booking’s not infallible, but overall I’d say they’ve been doing a good job. :100:

1 Like

What do you mean “what are they developing”? :joy:

They develop characters and people’s mic work and when it comes to newbies it’s all that and their in ring skill. Obviously you can say they have a lot of ready made wrestlers but in terms of their standing in WWE it’s very much a project a level under Raw & SmackDown.

To claim complete ignorance about what NXT is just so you can claim WWE arw putting in the same effort as AEW is ridiculous. They’re not. Add to that the complete refusal to criticise AEW for the same things you criticise NXT for.

AEW hardcore fans are completely ridiculous. Zero ability to be objective.

I’m pretty damn sure if it came to that The Bucks and Cody would come out. Like he came out last week, DESPITE having match with Cody. Real babyfaces tend to this everywhere in the world, aside WWE, where they obviously do not have a single friend on the roster.

Well, they are obviously not. At least on the main roster. NXT is a bit better but they still follow the same patterns the most time.

Cause WWE apologist are so objective.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anyone saying everything WWE does is good. Only time I hear the term “WWE mark” is as a response to any AEW criticism.

There are very fine people on both sides.

Also, Trump makes less sense than Vince Russo after a weekend Spice bender. :100:

Darby came out last week because he was in the title program with Jericho not because he was buddies with the elite. There is a difference between wanting to help someone and wanting to take a shot at your next opponent. He was nowhere to be seen during the beat down the week previous.

Maybe they would have come out but that isn’t a given, and it certainly isn’t a given that it would happen before the match was already decided. After all they came out for SCU but only to check on Daniels after he was being put on the stretcher.

Sorry but you’ve moved goal posts from “his friends will come out” to “baby faces will come out because it happens.”

Sorry, I was answering a stupid question with what seems a logical (for AEW) answer. Why does ANY no DQ match in ANY promotion the heel (or babyface) not use the same tactic? Can you elaborate on that, please?

Sometimes it does, depends on the circumstances. Did I say I found those scenarios to make any more sense?

AEW is predictable to a fault.

Why for the love of god did the lucha bro’s have to attack SCU? So that we can all now skip the tag matches next week since we know what the finals will be?? Why would you spoil it like this? Couldn’t they just not have attacked them?

I still can’t believe that midget kicked out of the pump handle. I watched it again today. It’s dumb and idiotic. If Lesnar F5s a midget he better not kick out. WWE does a better job not doing stuff like that to pop a few people in the crowd.

AEW isn’t perfect t either. Lots of room to improve

WWE usually does a good job of protecting finishers. Not as good as they used too though.

1 Like

Yeah. The Seth vs Bray kind of sticks out lol. But I’m general they don’t have midgets who I can beat up kicking out of moves like that

I haven’t watched Live TV wrestling without forwarding it since DVR first came to cable. AEW changed that. It is appointment TV every Wednesday. I record NXT and watch it later. I think Dynamite could beat Raw if it was on Monday. I would take a few weeks but they could do it. Word of mouth spreads really quickly amongst this fan base.