AEW vs NXT

Source for that number?

That is an insane number if true, and can only be seen as a massive success.

Melzter reported it

If that’s the number, then that’s great. Who said they would beat RAW?

1 Like

MeltZer just dropped estimate is 1.5-1.7

“It’s very tricky because these are only a few specific markets and don’t include either New York or Los Angeles. But if we compare with the preview show, these ratings would indicate 1.5 million to 1.7 million viewers for the live airing and 650,000 for the taped show. I believe the actual number for the live show may be lower because these numbers are skewed by a freaky large number in Charlotte.”

Wait until later today before believing a final number. That number would be crazy if true.

If they did 1.5 and NXT did .5-1mil then we are looking at 2million people watching wrestling on Wednesday night for stars not named John, Roman, Randy, and Brock. That is incredible.

2 Likes

I think the first week isn’t a good sign. Remember what XFL did as well.

I think in a few weeks will be a better sign of what the true interest level is

1 Like

1.5 Million is not really a lot less than I expected and a good sign especially with a good NXT show going head to head. IF NXT maintained at all from the last 2 weeks you are looking at 2.5 million viewers for wrestling which is a good night.

1 Like

So why did you say OUCH

Of course…but even for one week. if the combined rating is near 2 million…what an indictment of the last few years of WWE main roster shows with all they do to juice ratings and star power (Ronda, Brock, Cena, Reunions, dumb booking decisions to spike interest)…and yet they only do a few hundred thousand better than those Indy/Spot Monkeys

1 Like

I said ouch bc I was thinking it would break 2 million and compete with Raw. This is at behind Raw and Smackdown on Friday easily beats 3 with the Rock.

I think it was a high expectation to assume that it would beat RAW first week out. It is a big deal among hard core fans, but casuals may not want another 2 hours and need to be won over from something they are happy with.

2 Likes

This was also going against a MLB Winner Moves On Playoff game. That it did a solid number with competition inside and outside the industry is impressive.

1 Like

Reading a lot of your posts the past 2 days, I’m pretty positive you’ve been trolling with a lot if not most of the shit you’ve said. But if you genuinely thought that AEW would break 2 million viewers, then you’re a very delusional person.

6 Likes

Dang, them is fighting words.
He may want a match.
Lol

What was your “prediction” on NXT? 5 million? 10?

2 Likes

I think the most optimistic people were thinking under 1M as a best case scenario and a huge success. If these numbers are legit or close to the final released number, it’s massive.

And I don’t think ANYBODY thought it would come close to RAW rating. Please explain your thought process about how success would only be by beating a Monday night rating?

Jokes aside, I think on the up-side SmackDown can do 5 million on Friday.

Let’s say it was going to do 3.5…they have loaded that card show much, I think it could be above 4mil

Trolling what?

I thought AEW was an excellent show (wrestling better on NXT though)

I had thought it would compete with Raw but I guess I was wrong and it’s probably a tier below that for now

I was hoping 3 million for AEW

Realistically I thought 2 million for AEW and 500k for NXT