AEW vs NXT

I hope you don’t gamble on anything, like ever

4 Likes

I’m thinking Smackdown on FOX could get 20 million. Thats my prediction.

I think Velveteen Dream could debut on Smackdown and it would be even bigger than Lex Luger appearing on Nitro.

7 Likes

Listen I don’t know why anyone with half a brain watches 3hrs of RAW unless it’s your job. It’s stupid and dumb and you must have either a low IQ and spend your whole day smoking and drinking or be incredibly bored to enjoy that.

I thought AEW had a legit shot at beating them. It’s a fun show and doesn’t suck like Raw

I would love for Raw to be 4 hours!

1 Like

It is better than RAW but inertia for the main roster WWE programing is huge. As is the nostalgia.

1 Like

@Alex_Patel Give AEW 1 year and lets see if it can GROW its viewership to 2million. I think that is a reasonable growth goal.

I would only ask if you ever studied ratings in the TV industry for context. For example, Monday Raw is the highest watched cable show on Mondays. It’s an institution. Expecting a brand new promotion to beat that is a big of a stretch, though I see your point as it is a better product.

RAW is bad and I do expect Wednesdays to steal a lot of Monday viewer split across both brands.
That said, RAW is watched by a lot of kids, who probably aren’t going to be able to watch AEW, or at least not right away.

4 Likes

I mean, RAW just has a 25-year head start but this brand new promotion debuting will surely get way more viewers because “it’s fun and doesn’t suck” (which we didn’t even know BECAUSE IT WAS A DEBUT EPISODE)

4 Likes

Nxt did a 1.006 last week.

Lower this week?

1 Like

From PWinsider Elite.

WWE COMMENTS ON AEW’S DEBUT SHOW
by Dave Scherer @ 2:34 PM on 10/3/2019

WWE sent us the following:

“Congratulations to AEW on a successful premiere. The real winners of last night’s head-to-head telecasts of NXT on USA Network and AEW on TNT are the fans, who can expect Wednesday nights to be a competitive and wild ride as this is a marathon, not a one-night sprint.”

6 Likes

I assume NXT will be a bit lower, I hope I am wrong though.

1 Like

WWE just congratulated AEW… so yeah NXT got CRUSHED I bet.

As I would have expected. If NXT is close right now I think that is a bad sign for AEW. I’m expecting AEW to be +30-40% in the ratings at least. I think the WWE network airing NXT is a big downside for NXT in the competition for live watch ratings. Throw that in with the huge hype for AEW I think if anyone thought the shows would have comparable ratings week one they were crazy. I feel like the Wednesday night matchup is AEWs matchup to lose.

Nah, all the pressure right now is on HHH. He’s had his little sandbox to play in for years and now he’s getting some competition and week one he got his ass handed to him.

More beatdowns and you know Vince will step in and we will get Regal making out with Lana, Corbin or other “good shit” on NXT.

2 Likes

I’m not saying there is no pressure, but it is IMO still AEWs war to lose. It is the new cool brand, and it is up to them not to screw that up. I don’t think there is any booking WWE can do realistically to beat AEW right now, the best they can hope for is to keep putting out a solid wrestling show and hope AEW blows their good will and excitement. IF they don’t I don’t think any WWE product would knock them off in the ratings.

I want Jinder Mahal making out with Candace LaRae.

2 Likes

WIth Johnny standing in the ring looking dumbfounded (or just dumb)

1 Like

Professional wrestling’s “Wednesday Night Wars” officially started on cable television last night, when the new weekly AEW wrestling show debuted to 1.409 million total viewers, besting USA Network’s “NXT,” which posted 891,000 total viewers (down 11% from last week’s show).

“Dynamite” more than doubled its competition in the key adults 18-49 demographic, scoring 878,000 viewers compared to “NXT’s” 414,000 (putting the USA wrestling series up 1% from its week-ago broadcast in that metric).

1 Like

About what I was expecting actually. NXT lost about 100k viewers (none in the 18-49 demo). AEW in around 1.5 million (100k less) and winning the night.

I’m shocked and was dead wrong. I thought they had no chance to crack 1 mill. Congrats to them and hopefully it keeps up and eventually gives the main roster a run.

2 Likes

Total beatdown, great number. WWE should be more focused on Monday and Friday. It was a bad idea to bring NXT to network television, bigger fish to fry.

1 Like