AEW's Hikaru Shida wins Regina Di WAVE Championship

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/08/14/aews-hikaru-shida-wins-regina-di-wave-championship/

Shida is a champion in WAVE once again.

For the first time in her career, Hikaru Shida became the Pro Wrestling Wave ‘Regina Di Wave Champion’. She captured the title by defeating Suzu Suzuki at WAVE’s 15th anniversary show in Tokyo.

Suzuki had been champion for 28 days before losing the belt. In her two previous appearances for WAVE this year, Shida was on the winning end of tag matches.

WAVE 新宿FACE 2022.8.14
志田光選手#wavepro pic.twitter.com/4drVW3XOWw

— tetsu (@tetsutetsu73) August 14, 2022

鈴季すず、バケモノだった。
でも勝った!
I am Regina de WAVE!!!#wavepro pic.twitter.com/sDHCLxTUp2

— HIKARU SHIDA 志田 光 (@shidahikaru) August 14, 2022

Shida’s title win adds to her other accolades in WAVE such as winning the ‘Catch The Wave’ tournament in 2014 along with winning the Single and World Tag Team Championship.

1 Like

It’s she’s getting to do something since Tony Khan doesn’t like utilizing his women’s roster.

Excellent, well-written article by a fellow Marylander! Always enjoy your work, Mr. Thompson.

Idk how hugely important a correction this is — since 95ish% of your target audience won’t notice (I wouldn’t have known if I hadn’t just done some research by pure happenstance) & the 5ish% that may have noticed haven’t spoken up in four months haha— but, the WAVE Single Championship & its Regina Di WAVE (Italian for “Queen of WAVE”) Championship are actually one in the same.

So, technically, Hikaru Shida is a two-time Regina Di Wave/WAVE Single Champion. Thanks for letting me nerd out. Cheers! :call_me_hand: