After this week, I'm suspending my interest in WWE. Some thoughts

My guess is Trump will be removed from the WWE HOF.

One Capitol officer died in the storming of the Capitol building.

If Vince does not remove Trump himself, I expect external forces in media and advertising to go after Vince on several issues Trump related…

1 Like

I mean… Off the top of my head…

But I get what you’re saying.

That said, it’s clear the deaths from last week in DC fall on his hands, as he rallied people to march to the building, right before it all happened.

1 Like

Talk about a false equivalency.

I’ve been there MJ. Rethinking what I dedicate my time/money to. Questioning my role in corruption.

Sunny is still in it and she’s a criminal so…

Never said they were comparable aside from the fact murder orders were given.

But thanks for continuing to jump on me for my replies.

The insurrectionists putting their lives on the line for some kind of revolutionary glory was explicit. No doubt some of them felt like the 300 Spartans going to an honourable death:

This right here is the craziest part of all of this.

If not for Covid exposing his inept leadership to a lot of (white) people, tanking the economy, & forcing the country to adopt mail-in voting on a nationwide scale…Trump probably wins. Whether it’s Shsd Khan, the entire McMahon family, your local pastor, or just lots of random folks that you thought were “very fine people”, SO many of them turned a blind eye to Trump’s faults in 2016, and the only reason some of them switched up In 2020 was because a virus forced their hand.

:100:

6 Likes

Never underestimate Americans’ capacity for greed!

1 Like

This is slightly off topic but “if COVID doesn’t happen” I think its impossible to predict what happens. 2020 is probably still a wild year of politics. Biden might not have even won the primaries. We could have been at war with Iran.

But I think the election would have still been remarkably close. Trump was one of the least popular presidents at the end of his first term. There is still a very likely possibility he loses by 1 or 2 tossup states and then declares the election “stolen” and the past 2-3 months play out very similarly.

It’s not greed that is the fuel for most Trump supporters, it is stupidity/lack of education leading to rampant racism/irrational xenophobia and delusional/cult like patriotism leading them to believe that the US was once the greatest country in the world (it never has been) and that by incessantly chanting USA, USA and wearing socks, underwear, trousers, t-shirts, blouses/shirts, cowboy vest/waistcoat, jackets and hats with the Stars and Stripes will somehow time travel the country back to the good ol’ eighteenth or nineteen century where they believe it would render their present day problems redundant.

I doubt he would have lost. Despite everything he has done and everything he has fucked up if it wasn’t for this year he would have won Arizona, Georgia and Wisconsin which would have been 269 each and there is a good chance Pennsylvania and or Michigan would have gone to Trump.

Covid changed so much that it’s hard to say what would have happened over the last year without it. But based on the info we have, I think you’re right. Biden won three states by less than 1% (GA, AZ, WI) and three more by between 1-3% (PA, NV, MI). And Trump won two states by between 1-3% (NC, FL). If we assume that all of those states could have gone either way under different circumstances (i.e. no Covid, or Covid is handled differently), most of the permutations end with Trump winning.

And then there’s the fact that mail-in voting heavily favored Biden. There’s no way to factor that in without more data (how many of them wouldn’t have voted in person, how many of them would have voted differently without Covid, etc.), but it’s not an insignificant point.

1 Like

This…

Mail-In voting was a major factor in Uncle Joe’s victory (particularly amongst Black voters). Not only was it crucial in Biden getting elected, but it was also a large factor in the Dems regaining control of the Senate.

There are very few silver-linings attached to the pandemic, but Trump losing might be at the top of that short list.

:100:

3 Likes

Good enough reason to save $10 a month, I suppose. Shout out Tom at Rogers for the assist.

9 Likes

As has been mentioned before, massive difference between donating a small amount to actually being involved in the entire debacle

5 Likes

The 2010 citizens United supreme Court ruling is one of the worst in recent history. It allowed pretty much unlimited money to go to super PACs. 10 years later we see the results.

1 Like

Well that’s the byproduct of that 250+ year old Bill of Rights that the US still clings to and is unable to recognise needs to constantly change to reflect changes in society and unchecked capitalism. USA, USA, USA!

2 Likes

Yeah the same problem with “originalism” in the supreme Court. It’s just insane to interpret current issues as the “framers” would have. Maybe it works sometimes, but not often.

1 Like

Our government’s inability to keep up with technology or changing societal norms (for example: assembly in the Bill of Rights was intended for groups at town halls, but in 2021 assembly can be Groups on Facebook) is one of the critical fails that pushed us down the path to one we are on. And it goes beyond information technology; look at laws around guns. When it comes to gun-rights, we are no longer talking about owning muskets, these are automatic military-grade guns.

It’s not a question for the current moment given tensions and threat levels, but how has an elected congress been so pathetic at staying on top of drastically changing culture and technology. I mean congress people as recent as 3 years ago did not understand how Facebook made money since it’s free to sign up. If you ever spend time watching a congressional hearing, within 3 questions from both sides of the aisle you realize how hopeless this is.

1 Like