Amazing Response to Podcast!

2 Likes

Having your first episode be the Christmas Ep. was genius. Starting the podcast with the biggest episode of the year was wonderful timing.

2 Likes

It depends on the podcast player. You do what Wai was saying by putting the patreon address in, but some podcast players donā€™t allow private streams. So you have to look for the right player, if you donā€™t have one already. You might already have one, but I didnā€™t.

I have the standard apple podcast app. Is this not available?

That should be fine then. I have this Player FM podcast player on Android, and that one specifically doesnā€™t accept private streams. I think the standard apple podcast app would. Iā€™d test it out by just putting the patreon address into add RSS feed to check.

If it is the standard Podcast app on an iPhone:

1. Open the app and look for the ā€œ+ā€ in the top left corner

2. Select ā€œadd podcastā€ and insert the RSS feed, the feed should appear

3 Likes

POST is currently the #5 Sports & Recreation podcast in Australia.

Currently fifth in the UK.

Android guy here: I normally use Player FM (which is amazing). But they donā€™t support private feeds yet. So Iā€™ve started using Podcast Addict, which works for the Patreon member RSS feed. Good app so far.

2 Likes

I only discovered Podcast Addict recently and Iā€™m loving it so far. Itā€™s a little more work than the Apple app because it doesnā€™t auto-download anything (or at least Iā€™ve not been able to get it to - but I donā€™t want it to) but Iā€™m okay with that; Iā€™m subscribed to almost a hundred different podcasts which I dip in and out of depending on what Iā€™m in the mood for, if they all auto-downloaded I be in trouble. :rofl:

Good to know the app supports the private Patreon feeds for future reference too. I definitely want to donate when I can in the future.

2 Likes

If you want a solid player that works well with Patreon integration (in case your current solution doesnā€™t), Pocket Casts is a REALLY solid player thatā€™s been working perfect for me for years now.

2 Likes

Good to know! Iā€™m anti Apple/iTunes, so Iā€™m glad there are other options haha

Here are a number of other options if youā€™re an Android user:
https://subscribeonandroid.com/feeds.podtrac.com/mXZuHRHDOeWZ

3 Likes

Thanks for that cos I was using player fm too. Iā€™ll get on Podcast Addict now!

Ive been playing around with Pocket Cast, which is also pretty great so far. Iā€™m so used to Player Fm though. Might have to use both.

still in the top 10 uk sports chart

1 Like

What a whirlwind few months itā€™s been, great to see you guys have a new home and allow us all in. Looking forward to this adventure !

2 Likes

I have listened to you guys (and all affiliated podcasts) for many years. I am a 40 year-old who has been a wrestling fan almost nonstop for over 30 years. I have two sons (10 and 7) who now love wrestling too. I have zero social media (for real) and have never joined any forum (let alone a wrestling forum) in my life.

The two of you have provided me with so much entertainment over the years, and since you are now in care and control of your own site (and careers), I felt that I should join your forum to personally thank and congratulate you. You come across as intelligent, sincere people who happen to love the same things I do. I look forward to reading, listening and (gasp) even posting on the site.

All the best in the future!

7 Likes

I listened to Rewind a Wai today by just logging into the cafe on my phone, hitting play, and then going about my business. It continued to play on my phone without having to keep my phone on the entire time.

2 Likes

Thanks OJ - welcome!