An Opinion of yours about Wrestling that 75%+ of the board wouldn't share

He’s a 7 year old kid - he’s allowed to react however he wants to an adult throwing something in his face.

That being said I don’t think parents should take kids to an AEW show expecting it to be family friendly fun for a 7 year old either. So if you go then know what your kids will be exposed to

2 Likes

Why would you take a kid to a show that long? :grimacing:

Yeah. I’m not here to judge but also you had a violent deathmatch advertised for the show too. A Buried alive match. You knew based on promos leading up to it the language would be spicy.

If you are okay with a 7 yr old seeing and being apart of that for 4-5 hours then you know it’s possible to have the wrestlers interact with the fans at ringside in am aggressive manner.

If this were a WWE show I can see more surprise at it.

But I assume if your kid is into watching deathmatchs he probably wouldn’t mind MJF giving him a lifelong memory :man_shrugging:t4:

I think there is a line that was crossed. It’s not okay for someone to throw anything at or on another person they don’t know in any setting, frankly. It makes AEW look more like an indy show with wrestlers trying to get cheap heat and can’t get it without resorting to lowest common denominator actions.

1 Like

If the rumors of Edge getting the brood back together for his entrance this weekend are true then the Great Muta should join Judgement Day and come out with Finn.

I didn’t really know where else to post this thought. :sweat_smile:

Isn’t Christian still signed up with AEW for at least another year?

Everything I found on quick search said he signed a “multi-year deal” in March 2021. So unless it was the shortest “multi-year” deal possible by definition and it expired in March 2023, he’s still under contract.

Doesn’t mean it’s not possible, but it would presumably take permission from the special place to let him do it.

1 Like

Sami Zayn has incredible charisma and is great in pre-tapes but is only a B promo in the ring.

This is the 75% of opinions you disagree with thread so I don’t normally see a need to respond to most posts.

But in this case, I think this short 1 minute clip of a longer segment on SmackDown last October shows that Sami Zayn is a master of improv and charisma in front of the crowd.

On paper and match quality alone, the ROH supercard show is much, much better than Mania.

3 Likes

Nobody who is familiar with most/all of the talent on both shows would disagree with that. If they do, they’re trolling or just dislike the non-WWE style to the point where they’d prefer Wrestlemania 4 over ROH

2 Likes

I’ve not argued about his charisma. In fact just the opposite. He’s great with a line here and there as part of a conversation or an aside. Find a promo by himself in the ring. He tries to be an A grade promo but he’s just not. He loses control of himself and mistakes that for passion.

I might have a couple of these:

1. Reigns should retain at Mania. Nothing against Cody, and I think he should “finish the story” later for sure, but to me, this Bloodline has always been about Jay and Roman. I think Jay needs to be the guy to end the reign, but also take Roman’s seat at the head of the table. I’d like to see the elders come out again and anoint Jay. The true fall of Roman’s empire.

2. The Intercontinental title and U.S. title are pointless and always will be. The titles themselves mean nothing. If you have one of these titles, you’re not the best of the continents and you’re not the best in the U.S. because in theory, the world champion is better than both. Geography is not really a factor in modern wrestling. There’s no territories anymore! I would like to see titles based on something tangible like a weight division or a certain match type (no holds barred), whatever. So the champion can say “I’m the best at wrestling under these rulesets.”

Welcome to the party.

The idea of a “mid-card” title only exists in pro wrestling. You either accept the flawed logic in having a champion who isn’t the main champion (or even really a contender for the main title) or you don’t. I think you’re right that they stem from the territories where it was understood that there was an NWA World Champion and then a bunch of regional/promotional champions. But at this point, most fans aren’t of that era. So they’re almost like a smark thing more than anything else. This is signal to the fans that “the bookers” like this guy even though he’s not getting a major push right now.

If it possible for something to be both “smart booking” and “lazy booking”, then that’s what I would consider mid-card titles to be. It’s basically a vehicle for “how can we have these guys feud without coming up with a story?”

Here’s an opinion maybe only 3% will agree with but Wrestlemania 10 is better then Wrestlemania 17.

Benoit vs Angle was great as was the ladder match but I can’t stand the main event for the way it ended. I’ve watched it back and the ending just destroys it for me.

Wrestlemania 10 had the awesome Bret vs Owen and Razor vs Michaels which are both better then anything on 17. I loved Bret vs Yokozuna as well personally and always quite enjoyed the stupidity of Savage vs Crush.

1 Like

lol, fourth post in this thread in March 2018. I hate that finish.

But to be fair, the WM10 main event has a pretty lame finish too. “We want to anoint Bret as the leader of the new generation… let’s have him win via fat guy losing his balance.”

1 Like

Bloodsport is one of the stupidest and most boring events in all of wrestling.

I have tried to give it a chance, but with the exception of a couple moments every now and then, the show is abysmal. Its essentially choreographed MMA. You have the ability to make it as exciting as you want, yet 95% of it is laying around on each other and rolling around leading to nothing, because most of these guys dont know how to make it look good like a Danielson or ZSJ.

1 Like

WrestleMania XIX deserves a spot in this conversation

3 Likes

With the prime energy and the cinnamon toast crunch mascots ringside yesterday Cody should come out with Bernard the buisness bear tonight.

Bret Vs Owen and the ladder match were but there was a lot wrong with this PPV as well.

The main event could have been epic - rematch from a year ago. Instead Yoko falls off the rope and is pinned. Also Luger loses in like the stupidest way possible. Something that never got paid off.

Macho vs Crush could have been so much better and it effectively was a disjointed mess.

A lot of toner matches (Men on a mission, Adam Bomb, Dink etc) were garbage.

It’s a 2 match PPV - both outstanding.

WM17 had TLC and Benoit match that were as good as these two matches. Then factor in the HHH vs UT and it’s ahead not counting the main event, which I agree had a horrible ending.

If they wanted Austin to go heel and sell out to win he couldn’t have done it like that. He should have done it like Roman did - pure savage made heel who is cocky and treated McMahon like
He does to Heyman

2 Likes