An Opinion of yours about Wrestling that 75%+ of the board wouldn't share

Seems like the right place to repost this.

To clarify, I do not believe it was ALL a work, but rather a well calculated strategy by a bloodied, hungry, and injured CM Punk who decided going scortched earth would generate more buzz and bigger business than simply going back on the IR for the 2nd time as the guy who can’t stay healthy and keeps ruining AEW Title scene.

4 Likes

I’ll watch Wrestlekingdom for Omega and Osprey and possibly Sasha.

I have zero interest in another 30 min plus Okada and Jay White match what ends with two Rainmakers so will skip the main event

1 Like

I would love to watch Wrestle Kingdom. I need to find out where it’s on in the UK

I think you need the NJPW World App.

1 Like

I think thats the only way. They said Fite is not carrying it this year. At least here in the states

1 Like

Nick Aldis is pretty good and while I’m not really interested in seeing him in AEW, I think he could have a decent role in WWE on either NXT or the main roster.

1 Like

Aldis would be a great WWE performer. And a reunion with Cody and nod to the outside world of Wrestling history could help WWE with the critics. Would like him to appear in the Rumble to eliminate Mr Rhodes

2 Likes

Great shout! Always really liked him in Impact. Think he’d be better in WWE for sure

Aldis never getting a WWE run was always kinda baffling considering he’s seemed ready made for years. Especially since they spent so much of the late-10s pretty much hiring indiscriminately.

He seems like such a WWE guy. I don’t get it

So did EC3 and they didn’t use him either.

Aldis spoils Cody’s Rumble return, that’s the Mania match. Road to WrestleMania commences. Wonder who owns the Nightmare Family vides.

I will probably get some heat for this, but I dont care. I have no sympathy for the kid at Revolution, crying over MJF tossing fucking WATER on him. Are you kidding me?

When I was a kid, I would have loved if that had happened to me. These days, these kids are getting upset over any little thing a heel does.

I can understand if it was beer or pop or something. Thats different. Youre getting into staining someone’s clothes. These parents need to start talking to their kids before shows and letting them know, that this shit could happen. Especially if you have great seats like they did.

Though I wouldnt be surprised if the parents encouraged the kid, so they could get free merch or other free shit. Because that is the society we live in today. Complain about anything to try and get free shit.

I think there are rules between fans and performers that need to work both ways. For example, a fan can yell at a wrestler, a wrestler can yell at a fan (assuming it’s not racist language etc.). A fan can’t hit a wrestler, a wrestler can’t hit a fan. If AEW wants to set precedent that MJF is allowed to do that, prepare for the same thing to happen back to him or another performer. I’m not offended by this (and definitely not mad at you for your opinion), but it’s a slippery slope and I think fans are going to base their opinions on this based on fandom. If say Baron Corbin did this, I don’t think anyone takes his side.

There is also a risk to allowing this for AEW. The environment already is one that isn’t exactly the most kid friendly. If performers are adding to this it could lead to less tickets sold and less families in the audience (though you would probably like this lol as that does lead to louder crowds).

On a personal level, doesn’t really bother me. It’s water.

1 Like

I mean yea, preferably it doesnt happen either way. A performer doesnt need to do that to get heat. They definitely wont get heat with me, I’d cheer them for it. I dont see a problem though if it is just water. Its not a big deal. I did see Raj Giri say it was vodka, which I wouldnt be cool with. It looked a bit too much to be vodka, but I cant say for sure.

The kid is getting to go backstage though and is going to Dynamite on Wednesday. It screams to me of a family taking every advantage of a situation. Whats next? Fans complaining that guys fighting in the crowd got sweat on them and they want free stuff? I wouldnt be surprised.

1 Like

As a kid, pour all the water in the world on me if it means that I could have met Hogan, savage, warrior, flair, Mr. P etc.

1 Like

Sweat is one thing but I’d complain if their blood got on me. Mostly just to my friends tho. Not something to make a federal case out of.

According to Alvarez it was tequila and it got in his face and eyes. Does that change your opinion?

Either way I feel like its awkward complaining about a kids reaction and think for all involved it shouldn’t have happened.

1 Like

Oh……that’s a completely different story. That’s borderline assault to be honest.

I dont find it awkward at all. As I’ve said, people in this day and age pull any shit to get free stuff and kids are also a lot softer today. Its the participation award era we’re living in, where we need to make everyone happy, or they find something to cry about.

Also like I said, if it was anything other than water, I think that is uncalled for, even though when I was a kid I would have loved if that had happened to me, no matter what the substance was.

1 Like